What to wear to an evening museum date?

So I'm going on a third date to a planetarium for this after hours thing they're having. The whole museum will be open and they're having drinks, appetizers, a DJ, etc. It's obviously not super casual, but not cocktail attire either. For reference, I'm 24, and I live in Chicago so it'll have to be on the warmer side. Any advice on what to wear?

Thanks for the answers everyone! I chose a more casual black dress, tights, boots, and a cardigan.

Most Helpful Girl

• Something like this would be really cute! link Just throw on a cardigan and some tights to make it good for winter.

What Guys Said 4

• I'd wear an A line type of dress, not that dressy, but a guy can check you out in it all the same.

Wear flats for a museum crowd, and go easy on the make-up or you'll look overdressed. Plus you might want to dance if there's a DJ. The A line will move around just the right amount when you dance.

• are you going to the After Dark thing? by the way I agree with rachiee

• Ignore the troll. With museums you want to keep it relatively classy. No jeans, no T's. However, it doesn't have to be an evening gown..You can either do nice dress pants, or skirt (nice top) or a dress

• Clown shoes, tiara

What Girls Said 1

• I'd wear nice dress pants and some pumps. A cute, dressy top and a jacket over it.