Do less attractive people have lower standards?

So me and a bunch of my friends recently noticed how a lot of the less attractive guys in our school and "losers" have girlfriends and a lot of the more popular and attractive guys more like us don't. Don't get me wrong I know I'm not the most attractive guy and I don't want to sound conceded or like a jerk but it's something we've noticed. So is it that the less attractive you are the lower the standards you have and more attractive people have higher? And like I said before I don't mean to sound like a jerk. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know. I think sexual attraction goes beyond looks. I've met some decent looking people who were nowhere near 10s and they were incredibly sexy to me, and other people who are very good looking but did nothing for me.

And I know some very ugly people with extremely high standards, especially male. I've seen some men who were in all honesty fat and ugly and no good personality who expected a young princess.

It really varies.

• Yeah now that you said that I can think of a couple really ugly people with high standards.

What Girls Said 7

• It's been shown that people of similar appearance tend to gravitate toward each other. 10's with 10's, 5's with 5's, etc. It's also been show that people who are less attractive tend to care less about looks in a partner and care more about other traits such as sense of humor and intelligence. So yes, it's partly because of higher standards, and partly because more attractive people care more about looks.

• Thats a really good point about gravitating to people with the same looks.

• At my school there's opposites meaning the pretty girl goes out with an ugly guy and vise vrsa...maybe its a personality..to me I wouldn't go for popular hot guys they are usually the biggest jerks I've been around in school..my friends go for them though...id rather talk to an average or smart hot guy maybe b\c I'm shy plus most of my friends like the attention

• O OK I can understand that with the hot guys. thanks

• Np..and the ones that aren't jerks once you get to know them I get too scared and start to ignore him b\c I can't believe he'd ever want to be friends with me the quiet shy good girl that's never had a bf

• generally, I guess so. standards appearance-wise, that is.

• that's so mean! I wonder what they say about you.. there are some more attractive girls that go for less attractive guys and there are some more attractive guys that go for less attractive girls

• The losers probably just have more variety

• No

• Yes a lot tend to settle

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, generally the less attractive you are the lower your standards will be eventually. For example, if you are ugly and you have high standards you will get shot down all the time. The less attractive girls will accept you because they were ether shut down by the more attractive guys or just not asked out at all. So as a less attractive person, you may not start out with low standards...but ultimately that is where you will end up. There are the few strange cases with one ugly person and one more attractive, but that doesn't happen often.

• There are all different types. I know the type your talking about and truth is usually they have a better approach because they have to try hard. Attractive guys have sky high standards and are harder to approach. "losers" can have lower standards and can get less attractive girls, while some "losers" make themselves approachable with similar standards to that of the attractive guys, but they get girls because they can say all the right things at all the right times. Watch out Broski, "losers" can be smooth.

• I'd say my standards are pretty high, I don't think I would actualy go out with a girl that didn't strike me with some physical feature such as nice eyes. Because as always you need someone that is good looking to attract you lol. And I've always had more attractive girls approach me, never the ones that were below average, so I think most people are attracted to people on their attractiveness level.