For prom, do you think it's better to wear a short or long dress?

I'm wondering what would you prefer. What looks better?

For tall skinny girls (such as 5'8), what would suit their body? A long or short dress? oh and style too

Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• A long dress. Homecoming is more of a short dress thing. I just wish people would be more creative when it comes to dresses for prom/homecoming... I'm getting sick of seeing everyone looking the same with their short dresses that look the same but different colors and their curled hair. Just be different.

What Guys Said 4

• A long dress Since you are tall most likely you have long legs and a long dress looks more classic and glamorous. A shorts dress is becoming more common but prom is formal and a long dress is made to suit that event. You could always wear a long dress that has a long cut up one of your legs I'm unsure of that style but it still formal and has a modern feel

• I'd go with what's style appropriate. Long is more formal.

In general, at 5'8 your legs are likely one of your better features, so ... that's something to bear in mind going forward.

• Depends on your style, My date was 5"8, she wore a long dress which was cool but the drapping thing is just an issue because you don't want anyone stepping on your dress I assume.

• Prom, not homecoming, is reserved for long dresses, whether you're short or tall. It's just how it is...

What Girls Said 4

• One isn't necessarily better than the other, they're just different. Wear whichever you feel like wearing. I wore a long dress just because there aren't many other opportunities to dress up in long dresses.

• I would wear a long dress, but if you do pick a long dress just be conscientious of the dress you pick (the material isn't too heavy, too tight, exc.) because you will be dancing and moving around and you'll want to be comfortable.

• To me long dresses=prom and short dresses=homecoming.

• depends on your like and style and your body.short prom dress is lovely.long prom dress is more formal.if you don't know how to choose.you can search online ,onlinestore has lots of picture.choose your like one.