Should a guy use gel, wax or go out with unkempt hair for a special occasion?

I'm curious, if a guy has to go out somewhere should he go out with unkempt hair or use gel or wax?

• He should put some gel in his hair
  • He should use wax in his hair
  • He should go out with unkempt hair
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it really depends on the guys overall fashion style and hair texture. curly hair may look different with products then someone with straight or wavy hair and the amount of product plays a major role. wax and gel tend to have a light reflecting property which sometimes makes the hair looked Greased (greasy) so id say opt out for mousse if you are going to use hair products and id say a little goes a long way, but only if that's your style, most men don't even need to touch their hair and it looks perfect for any occasion.

What Girls Said 9

• I like natural or minimal amount of gel. Def not waxed or over gelled

• if he has a nice hair cut that's short and prpoer, nothing in his hair would be the best.

• My boyfriend uses mouse when he goes somewhere special...lol it looks good too.

He uses a little hairspray for work.

But, I picked A. But, not a lot of it.

• coconut oil

• By all means, comb your hair... But please, no product!

• I like messy hair, but it's also cute when a guy styles it a little with gel.

• I like the all natural look for some reason it's hott

• I say unkempt hair but that is my personal opinion. And it really depends on the definition of "special occasion." Wedding, church, work should be placed nicely. Just going out to dinner or a holiday could be done too. But it also depends on what the guy like too. There is no sense getting your hair done nice if you don't like it. Not only would that person preference matter but the hair. Some hair just looks weird or straight up bad with wax or gel in it

• He doesn't necessarily need to use products, as long as he doesn't look like a mess.

What Guys Said 6

• I used to use gel, I then switched to other products. IMO I think gel is the worse product you can use to style your hair. It also depends on the length of your hair. I have styling paste, a matte wax and pomade. Each one gives a different look on my hair. For example one gives a natural hair look but I can put my hair in any way I want and it won't look grease or crusty (gel). While my pomade gives me a shine like if I just got out of the shower (moist hair, not oily hair) plus some hold.) If I were to go out I would put product in my hair. I selected D.

• Have your hair presentable. If product is to be used, use the appropriate kind. A way of telling hair has been styled well, and good product has been used used, is that it will have hold and keep shape, but if you can move your hands through it fairly freely.

• Messy hair or styled hair?...that is a tough one.

I have a piece of hair that sticks straight up so I use hair paste but I would definitely still use it no matter what because I like the way it keeps my hair styled.

"If you look good you feel good"

• Okay not unkempt hair. Wash it first.

• i use wax mousse and hairspray :P

• This should do the trick link