Is this too much makeup for my age?

Hey everybody, this is my first question on here :) but anyways I'm a 16 year old junior and I wear eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. Occasionally I will wear eyeshadow. I don't wear foundation or concealer or anything like that on my skin because I'm trying to make my acne go away and I know those can make it worse lol I was going to post a pic of me but they said I have to be level 4 to do that :/ but if you go to my profile, and go to my pictures, that pic is the one I was going to post. So if you have time, can you take a look at it please? :)

So as you can see, I wear my eyeliner in a winged style, I use a light shimmery eyeshadow, and a light pink lip gloss. The main thing I'm concerned about is the winged eyeliner, sometimes I feel like its too much. I like my makeup but sometimes I feel weird at school cause I don't see too many other girls wearing makeup lol so can somebody tell me how it looks honestly? And if any other girls have any great makeup ideas let me know cause I would love to try new things, thank you :)

Yea I know I do look a little older than 16 cause eveybody always say that :/ I guess I just have mature features lol
yea I must admit I was making fish lips on that profile pic I had up lol that was a old pic, I try not to do that anymore, sorry for making confusion

Most Helpful Girl

• You might feel that it would look a little too much because you wear glasses. If you don't wear them on a regular basis, it actually doesn't look too much at all. But for some reason, the glasses sometimes magnifies everything and it would make it look too heavy (that or its too much "decoration"). I think that look is a nice touch when going out, but definitely not an everyday look. I know that bold colors are a lot of fun to play with, but sometimes those bold colors end up making you look intimidating. I assume you would like to come off as more welcoming and alluring. Try using more earth tone, matte colors. That way, you have makeup on without feeling you have too much on and you are accentuating your features. You have gorgeous eyes, so work them to your best advantage :)

• thank you for BA :D

• You're welcome :) you're right, I should stick to neutral colors unless I'm going out although I do love bold colors *sigh* :(

• yes lol they are tons of fun. But, like I said, they can definitely make you a bit more intimidating.

What Guys Said 2

• Strictly speaking with honesty, when a girl wears too much make up she looks 'whorish', but that's more with cake faces. You haven't got quite as much as that and it looks as though you arn't piling it on your face but you would DEFFINITLY look better without make up in general.

• U think so? But I don't wear that much, its mostly just the eye makeup and that's only because my eyes look so small and plain without it plus I have to hide my eyes behind my glasses lol so its like I need something to make them stand out more :/

• Lol OK ok fine, I understand, thank you :)

• Y'all look pretty good! Don't ever wear ANY more..u are maxed out..(or more)

What Girls Said 12

• Looks good. You didn't go overboard with it.

• Have no worries you are a girl,...your supposed to wear makeup as the majority of girls aren't comfortable with their flaws,...the only way I'd be concerned is if you didn't wear makeup or if you were a guy that really liked makeup (and trust me there are -_-)

• I don't think that's too much, you look great.. it does make you look a lot older then 16 though, personally I'd stay away from the eyeshadow but other then that it's fine.

• your makeup looks great. Very pretty btw.

• I think the colored eyeshadow is a bit too much. I love your winged eyeliner though! To be honest, I also think the gloss looks a bit unnatural on your skin tone because it's such a pale pink, but it's not bothering me really. But you should do what you want anyway, if you like this, then just do it! (:

• LOL at your profile picture. Fishlips.. :P

You wear too much make up - Or it looks like you do.. You look older than your age.

I would just suggest you go with just a black or brown eye liner and blue mascara. Light color eye shadow..

• ...she's not making fish lips? Some people just have naturally full lips

• the 2 she has up now look fine and I haven't seen any others...no fishlips at all

• Only honest answer. The others are all girl coded 'we never criticize each other' nonsense

• just don't wear bold colors the winged eyeliner is fine

• dont worry, you don't use too much make-up.

• no I don't think its too much...you look good! :)

• I feel the same. I'm 15 except I'm in some sort of an academic school so 98% of the girls don't wear makeup at my age. I usually wear eyeliner at the bottom and top and a shimmery eyeshadow. I sometimes think its too much, seeing girls always ask me why I am wearing make-up (I go to an all-girls school). I think they're kind of used to it now though. They don't really seem to mind it anymore. I see a lot of girls in other schools that wear way more makeup than you do. Yours is quite minimal and lacking of facial powder so that's a good thing. As long as its done properly (which yours is), I'd say go for it.

• Nope!

• no that's not too much.