How to keep hair smelling fresh and good?

You know after you straighten or curl your hair, especially if you use hair spray and/or other product(s), your hair smells weird and not so good? Well, how do you make it smell good and fresh like you just got out of the shower?

Most Helpful Girl

• omg I'm glad you asked well What I do is after I curl my hair is I dissolve and dilute essential oil (Mine is mint you can choose any kind you want, mint just makes my scalp tingle) into a spray bottle with water and I use a dropper and put 4-6 drops of essential oil (use a little because mine is really strong) and I shake up the spray bottle and spritz it on my hair and it smells minty and I love it,..tho you can use any essential oil youd like such as lavender, lemon, citrus and I picked up this recipe from a website that gave tips on how to grow out your hair,...btw mint would be the best as it makes and invigorates your scalp! :) Hope I helped!

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 5

• I totally understand how frustrating it is to take time to straighten or curl your hair and then having it smelling burnt. The products that have worked for me are products from Lush. It's because all of their products are 100% organic, so the scents (essential oils) are not diluted or artificial like Bath and Body Works. For my hair I use It's Raining Men Shower Gel and Retread Conditioner. When I come out of the shower, I will put R&B in it. The scent stays all day long, even after blowing drying it and straightening or curling it. After straightening or curling it, I will take a little R&B and apply it to fly aways. Hope this works for you as it has worked wonderfully for me! Good luck. ( :

• hair perfume, a tiny bit of scented dry shampoo, or even a spritz of real perfum above your head then walk through it, or spray a little on your brush then brush it through your hair. But be mindful of scented stuff like hair perfume because they usually have alchohol in them which can dry out your hair.

• Great question! I keep my hair in shampoo for 5-10 minutes before washing it off. I then try let it dry naturally since blowdryers kind of blow the scent away. When I go out, I try stay as far away from smokers as possible. I stayed near one once and my hair ended up smelling like cigarrettes. It was awful. And I try not to straighten or curl whole parts of my hair; just the bottom half so that it still smells good.

• I use organix shampoo and conditioner (I use the teatree and mint one) and I can usually wash my hair at night. Sleep. Use heat protectanr and blow dry it straight then a quick run over with the straightened and it still smells good

• Some products do smell really good though, so maybe use those and there's also something called hair perfume, I'm not sure how well it works because I've never used it but it might be something to consider.