How often do you worry about being attractive to the opposite gender?

On a scale of one to ten how much do you worry about being attractive to the opposite gender either physically and mentally?

about 4/10 for me.

I suppose I should clarify: 4/10 on looks for me. Then about 7/10 mentally. I usually worry about if I'm too boring for the girl, or if she will ignore me for whatever reason. ><
BTW

1 = you don't worry at all

10 = you worry a lot

Most Helpful Girl

• I spend many sleepless nights thinking about both :-p

• Really? :-O

• If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a past or future event, then you are residing on another planet with a different reality system.

~ William James

Thanks for the ba :-)

What Girls Said 19

• I don't worry about it as much as I think about it. Like on my down days, I wonder if I actually *am* attractive to the opposite gender... I guess once in a while if I really like someone, I'll worry that they won't like me because of this, or because of that (usually it's looks-wise - I quite like my personality, actually... though I do sometimes wonder if I'm too sarcastic :-), but at the same time I have this thing where I'm too stubborn to change myself for the sake of other people. I just refuse to let myself care that much. So on those days when I'm feeling less secure about myself, I'm pretty much screwed, haha

Dunno if any of that made sense, but it's the best I could do with what was coming out of my head. :-)

• Forgot to rate. Okay... at the moment, physically - 4-ish/10

And mentally - 3-ish/10

Unfortunately, ish's are the best I can give you :-)

• 1

I don't worry about it because guys check me out all of the time.

• Depends on the day I suppose... If I don't care physically, I don't care mentally, so if it's a bad day, it's a bad day all around.

Averages though would probably be 7/10 physically and 5/10 mentally. I don't feel as much of a need to impress anyone mentally or with my personality, it's not worth changing for someone else.

• Physically: 5/10

As of late, I've given up because I've been with the same dudes for the past 4 years so there isn't anyone to impress anymore. But I'm also currently involved with someone, so he took me as I am, sort of at a I don't give a f*** stage in the year. I graduated Friday, it was my last day of HS! So maybe I'll kick him to the curb and find someone I truly like.

Mentally: 5/10? I don't know, I don't focus on it heavily but I worry my lack of emotional attachment could turn someone I like off possibly, especially since I'm not good at letting someone know how I feel about them...verbally. Not sure that makes any sense. It's easy to let a guy know I'm interested, but hard for me to express any sort of possible love or strong liking, just because I'm not used to letting people in like that. Hope that made sense. I don't even know if I understood this part of your Q ...

• Physically-5

Mentally-2

I just be myself and people tell me I have a great personality that I'm so kind :)

• looks 9/10

personality 1/10, I would never change my personality for anyone I've been through enough to know who I am and to like it enough not to care what others think of it. Looks are important to me simply because I like to look nice and the extra smiles are nice.

• Idk I don't really pay attention to that because if he's talking and flirting and showing signs, obviously he likes what he sees, right? Right.

• 7=Looks

2=Mentally

Mentally is significantly lower because I don't care about a lot of things others focus on and I am often in my own world.So at times I could care less if people get that aspect of me.

• It used to be like 9/10 physically but lately it's like 3/10.

Mentally used to be 9/10 too and lately it's 4/10.

• 7/10 - looks

10/10 - mental

• 7/10 on looks I guess. Although that quickly fades once I find out if he likes me or not. I don't worry about it as much anymore, and it drops to a 3.

Once we start getting closer, I worry about my personality more and more. It goes up to a 6-7, sometimes more.

• I only really care if I like the guy. Obviously I want him to find me attractive and enjoy my personality. But "worry"? Like a 2/10? Either he likes me or he doesn't. I'm not gonna fuss over it.

With randoms I don't really care. I like maintaining myself, but I'm not crazy into it.

• Physically- 8/10

Mentally 10/10

• i can't really rate though it's on rare occasions that I may worry.

• 5/10 looks

3/10 mentally. I am the most boring person ever! :D

• I'm going to say 10. I had to admit it, but I'm always worried about how I look...it's tiring!

• But it's not just with guys, I care about what others think about how I look.

• I don't worry too much about it, so I'd probably say a 2 or 3/10.

I really like my personality for the most part - humor, intelligence, life perspective, etc. And as far as looks go, I'm pretty comfortable with what I see in the mirror. By no means do I think I'm "out of this world" or anything self-inflated like that, but I'm not afraid in the slightest to walk into a room full of strangers with a confident smile on my face.

I've known a lot of girls though that I'd probably say worry about it a 10/10 if not more. And if I've learned one thing from them it's that it really is a hard road (socially, emotionally and psychologically) if you don't embrace yourself and all the things that make you "you"; flaws and all. Besides, given the amount of people we'll meet over the course of our lifetime it's analytically proven that there's a lot more than one person who we're each largely compatible with.

• Physically- 8/10

Harsh comments are easier to handle when part of you does't care.

Mentally- 9/10

I like when people enjoy my personality, but I'm not going to change for someone who doesn't.

• 10 out of 10 in looks

5 out of 10 mentally.

Yes, you could say I'm a bitch.

• Why would you say that?

• C'mon pleeeease?

• =)

What Guys Said 16

• I'm kind of pathological in that sense that every time I'm around someone I'm attracted to or even around their friends I always try to portray the best me possible, physically and mentally.

• Looks: 7/10

Personality: 2/10

• Not that often any more. I used to worry about it alot, but now I rarely think about it. Take me as I am. It helps that I think I look better since I shaved my beard.

Physically - 2/10

Mentally - 3/10

• Looks 8/10

Mentaly 10/10

• 10 I always worry what girls will say

• physically - 10/10

mentally - 5/10

I like my personality more than my looks. I have been complimented on both but I think my personality is my strongest aspect. Yet I still haven't been able to get a girlfriend with either of them.

• All the time...too many girls are judgmental on looks these days. You could be an amazing guy, but on you're only average on the outside, girls will very rarely notice you.

• 1/10 for both.

• maybe 2/10 for me

• 1 for looks 10 for personality

• looks: 7/10

Mentality: 7/10

• 10/10

10/10

• I worry less about it each day. lol!

2/10 :) I am what I am etc..etc.

• 1s all round!

• looks 8/10

personality 2/10

• Looks 9/10

Mental 9/10