Shaving my head bald, should I use the same razor that I use to shave?

It's my first time ever to shave my head so should I use the same razor that I use to shave my face to shave my head?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you can but you need to do some steps first. You should trim your hair with a hair trimmer like this one: link trim your hair till its really all cut, leave very little on your head then you can use the razor to shave it bald. I recommend you trim it extremely short and keep it that way, its very close to being bald really, rather than shaving your head off completely as razors can cause cuts in your head if you're not extremely careful.

• Thank you :). Do you think bald would suit me?:D

• Thanks for the BA ;D

Yeah I think it would suit you but I think if you trim it down really short it would look better on you. Unless you want it squeaky bald for a reason? If you're just looking to have it all off then yeah, trim it down. :)

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah, you can do it that way. That's how my ex used to do it. There were a couple times he'd run out and be due for a shave, so I'd bring him a razor from my house so he could get the job done, haha. Just make sure you buzz your hair really short before you attempt that though, and maybe even have a friend help with the back of your head if you have trouble. Use a good shaving cream and moisturize afterward with some kind of unscented lotion, that'll cut down on potential razor burn.

• I think so. But when my dad shaves his head he uses an electric razor thing. It's faster and he never gets cuts.

• Well, if you use a razor it might leave some bumps... Or won't get all of your hair, maybe even both! (if you are using a non electric razor) just use an electric one

• I'm gonna say no

• i don't think using a razor is a good idea. It's neither safe nor hygenic

What Guys Said 2

• I'd say no unless you cut the hair pretty short then start and swap out the blade using a fresh one. I think an electric razor would do the job better though.

• Yes you may use the same razor, however cut/trim all the hair first. I get the first shave done at the barber shop and then shave myself every three to four days. Shaving the head once a year is good for healthy and strong hair and there is never any dandruff problem.