If a girl has short nails?

is it a turn off? I don't wear tips anymore because those really ruined my nails 5 years ago, and since then I've been growing my natural nails. I used to get manicures weekly, however with school its hard to maintain and with a lot of stress I bite my nails, and they look nasty. does this gross guys out?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like long nails as they make me cringe and look like claws

I bite my nails as well so it's not much of an issue

What Guys Said 6

• Nail length isn't really a turn on or off for me, don't care that much, but a would prefer shorter nails for other obvious reasons like because sometimes a woman may accidentally scratch you in a very "sensitive" place while doing something else.

• Nope, guys don't notice nails. At least not guy guys. Wouldn't mind them being clean for when they dig into my skin though :P Seriously you're fine, just don't wear fake ones that are super long

• they're probably fine

• Not to me...I am more than fine with short nails...prefer them...(:

• I could care less about the length but I wouldn't like the biting your nails part

• no

What Girls Said 3

• Not in my experience. I've always kept my nails relatively short, no artificial nails or even polish really except clear coat, and no guy I've been with has ever reacted in any kind of negative way to it. Just keep them clean and well-groomed, really, and you'll be fine. =] And work on not chewing on them anymore, obviously, lol. I struggled with that a bit when I was younger but eventually quit doing it somehow. Now if I have to chew on anything, it's not my nails, but the skin around them on occasion. It's a nervous habit, but I notice I do it a lot less when I take good care of my hands and keep a clear coat of polish on my nails. Minimal maintenance, really, that I do myself and still looks good, and is natural for who I am as a person. I wouldn't feel myself with my nails all done, especially artificial nails and regular fills and manicures. Everything I need to do, I do fine myself. =D

• No!

• I Don't think the really care. I rarely wear nailpolish...I keep my nails fairly long and filed but they usually just look plain because I'm not the best filer. I used to have tips and that's what stopped me from biting. Once I got them off I stopped biting my nails because I got used to having nice ones.

Part of me wants to get them done again. I wouldn't get long tips, just wraps over my nails. My friend got them and they aren't very long, the nails just stay polished much longer and they look natural. I just don't really want to spend the money.

Nailpolish chips in a few days, and so I don't have the patience for it, and manicures chip too..and it's too time consuming for me to do every week, and too expensive.