Why do a lot of guys look so much less attractive when they are not in their uniforms?

So sorry to say this and no offense.Even my father said the same thing.I don't t know why but I like to see guys in their uniforms.I see many of them look so different when they are not in their uniforms.It's like girls without their make-up on.Usually those guys who catch my eyes are guys in uniforms.Am I one of those few who feel this way?Would really appreciate all answers.Thanks a lot.

I am talking about the guys whom I KNOW. What I really mean is that uniforms seem to bring out a guy's best and I love guys in uniforms.Of course there are so many many many more guys who look equally good with or without their uniforms on. And I like them just as much whether they are wearing their uniforms that day or not. :)
I like uniforms that are T-shirts and jeans.Smart but at the same time casual.
So sorry,the correct question should be :Why do a lot of guys look so much MORE ATTRACTIVE when they are in their uniforms?So sorry and please forgive me about that! Just realized the wrong way I phrased my original question. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• In a way, certainly at work, high heels and makeup are asort of uniform for many women, and they heighten femininity just as military uniforms are designed to make guys look stronger and bigger, thus more 'masculine.'

• Precisely! And Kindly read my update too (only one update).

• Thx for the best answer, message me anytime you want questions answered!

• Thank you for your kindness.

What Guys Said 4

• I think partly because uniforms are generally of a style that has stood the test of time. With other clothes, people wear what's fashionable - a lot of the time, they actually look like complete tools, but neither they nor you are really aware of it, because everyone else is wearing the same thing (it's only when you look at photos of yourself 10 years later that it becomes obvious).

Liking guys in uniforms is your subconscious telling you that modern fashions look stupid.

If a guy is wearing a uniform, you might be subconsciously thinking that he must have been accepted as a member of a group - meaning he's not some kind of freak who's shunned by the rest of the world.

In the case of men, uniforms are often associated with very masculine occupations - such as the miltary, firefighters, police, etc - and women like a guy to be strong and masculine.

In the case of women, the opposite was traditionally true - eg. Nurses are caring and gentle - traits which guys like in a woman (I guess it shows they'd be good mothers).

• Well-said.I really appreciate your insightful answer so much.

You are sooooooooooooo right! The funny thing is that I seem to like only guys in uniforms that are T-shirt/Polo shirt and jeans.

• Maybe because the make you look at what uniform represents more than who the guy is.

• So a guy who is wearing a janitor uniform is better looking then if he were just wearing plain clothes?

• Why not?I have seen so many guys who are janitors looking so much smarter and attractive in their uniforms .Yes,honestly. Janitors are also people.

• "sigh"

What Girls Said 2

• You are not the only one. I love love and love men in uniforms; ESP, police officers. I find them attractive; they caught my eyes the most. I guess it is because the first man I fell in love was a cop- a handsome cop. So loved him then...

• Some girls have a thing for uniforms. I personally have a thing for suits. I work where a lot of men wear suits and damn I am sure it does make them look better so I know what you are saying.