Red lipstick, hot or not?

I'm really pale and I thought about going and getting red lipstick sort of like a pinup style. But I heard some people saying that it looks like clown makeup. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Evening yes, daytime maybe not.

What Guys Said 8

• I think it looks really hot if done right, some girls overdo it and think they need to compliment it with tonnes of eyeshadow and other makeup, I know I'm a dude and don't know sh*t about makeup but in my opinion its done best if it's applied with no other makeup, well maybe some light stuff but when it's done well you'll know it. It can either look very classy or very trashy, depends on how it's worn

• Pale brunette with red lipstick? Oh heck yes!

• Hot

• more natural than flashy red I think.

• Very hot :)

• Don't like it

• Not much of a fan of red lipstick. From what I've seen, only certain girls can pull it off.

• If you do it right, it looks good.

If you go ape-sh*t with it, it'll make you look like a clown.

What Girls Said 14

• If you find a shade that suits your skin tone, it will look amazing.

A dab of gloss on the center of your lips and your cupids bow (the middle of your top lip) makes red lipstick a little more subtle and your lips look poutier. Red lipstick can make your lips appear smaller than what they really are, so dabbing a bit of gloss in the center will make them look full and pouty. Don't smother the gloss all over your lips though, it can make the lipstick smear easily.

• yup its nice, and the way to make yourself look like a clown is to use too dark eye makeup. imagine an actual clown: dark circles around the eyes and bright red lips. you don't want that. keep the eye makeup to a minimal: mascara, and you could try a veeery light eyeliner to make your eye color stand out. (like shimmery white, if its not gonna get lost in your pale skin). hope you get a lot of looks from the guys (and jealous ones from the girls) ;)

• Red lipstick usually looks good on people with pale skin. Just don't go overboard with the eye makeup :)

• Red lip stick is hot.

Just stick to minimal, neutral colored make up on the rest of your face, if you pair red lipstick with heavy purple eyeshadow THEN you look like a clown.

• It's hott, I find it looks better on girls who have fairer skin though.. either red, peach or bright pink.

If your going for pinup go for a matte red.

• Hot, depending on what your wearing

• It reminds me of 50's pin up girls. Who are sexy as hell so I say hot.

• I like it link

• red lipstick is SEXY! and I think its better with pale skin than darker skin.

• Hot!

• I think its gorgeous but don't over do the eyes...

• Don't go super bright, just a nice bold red. With brown hair it looks awesome.

(My hair's blond, I dyed it brown and red lipstick looked amazing :) Then went to black and it didn't work. It's mostly blond again now, and I'm going to dye it brown... Must dig out that red lippy!)

• Depends how you do it. I would only do it for a dressy occasion or something. But it can look good.

• yeah I think it's hot. I love red lipstick it makes me feel sexy