How do you make up for a natural knack for beauty and style?

I didn't get into beauty and style (hair, makeup, fashion) until just recently. Because I wasn't into it growing up I don't have the natural knack that most other girls seem to have. I don't know how to put together a cute outfit or do my makeup correctly. I use things like Polyvore and Lauren Luke videos to help me along, but it's not enough. Is there any way to make up for the deficits in knowledge?

Most Helpful Guy

• While the girls here will probably be able to help you fine-tune your skills, a quick look at your profile pics doesn't leave me with the impression that you have any problem in that area. I'm no fashion maven or anything, but your dress and overall appearance don't seem out of line at all.

It's fine to recognize an area of your life that you want to improve, and I have no doubt that you can. But know that you are FAR from being awkward and clueless in that area, and you don't need any real changes to be attractive. If you want to tweak things a bit, that's fine, go for it!

What Guys Said 2

• I took a course in personal styling, and it has helped me, I would recommend it to you as well. Also, I don't think is a 'natural' knack for beauty and style, I think it's a 'learned' knack, and a matter of redescovering what is it that one likes and really wishes to put on once the self image of 'i am not the person that is natural at this' is put aside. It does take time though.

• your sexy don't change lol :3

What Girls Said 4

• Keep it light; I'm a lot like you and I don't ever want to be like my friends who can't leave the house without putting on make up, straightening their hair, and trying on six different outfits. But you can experiment with some different looks when you've got some spare time, and when you find one that you like, practice until it becomes something you can do pretty easily. For me, basic eyeliner, a pair of earrings, and some de-frizzing hair product is a two-minute routine that makes me look and feel put together but not like I'm drowning myself in fashion.

• I got a facial piercing and I rely heavily on that and my eyes distracting people from the rest..

• I have a facial piercing as well, but not many people seem to notice it.

• I got a purple stud, though I was thinking of getting a new one for Christmas.

• get something that really catches the light..

• I sometimes watch YouTube tutorials on how to do eye makeup (winged eyeliner) or different hairstyles.

• It's really trial and error.