His physical appearance...should I be worried?

So my boyfriend and I haven't had a long weekend in quite some time. Last week was our first in a while, because this weekend we are spending time with our families. Anyhow, when he comes over...he hasn't gotten a hair cut nor shaved. Now his hair looked fine, even the bit of facial hair didn't look bad. Thing is, he didn't bother to shave or cut his hair till he was leaving. I feel like its sort of early for him to be so lax on his appearance with me, and am wondering if this is an indication that he's not that into me or losing his attraction to me or something? Guys, are you more unkempt around certain situation with women? Girls, have you had similar experience?

Most Helpful Guy

• u know what , guys start caring less abt their looks when they already have a girlfriend , a good one ... :)

What Guys Said 4

• He just feels good and probably doesn't care because this feeling good makes him confident and he's known you for a long time?

I think that's it, no reason to worry.

• We have known each other for a few years but not been committed that long. He always says that he feels good and comfortable with me. I haven't told him that I actually like his hair a bit longer and don't mind a bit of his facial hair because its sexy. I like him to be comfortable; just don't want to be naive about that fine line of carelessness.

• Hmm... perhaps you can notify him about it say that you like him better when he has his hair neater and stuff, now if he still doesn't do it THEN yes then it's a reason to worry, but this doesn't sound like anything to worry about.

• Me personally, I would always try and look good for my girlfriend, especially if we are going out. If we are staying infoors I may not try to look neat and stuff but I would still like to look at least decent in front of her. But it's possible that maybe you're boyfriend is just comfortable around you now and doesn't feel pressured into having to look good, now that you're in a relationship.

• I don't find this a problem. It's like waking up to the person looking like crap in the morning and they don't care.

• I think you are right to feel that way.

If it was important he would want to look his best.

Its possible he feels comfortable around you though I would suspect that his interest is waning a bit.

Be careful

What Girls Said 2

• People tend to want to look there best in the early stages of a relationship. Sometimes you get a little to comfortable and you let go a little after a while.

It would definitely make me wonder. What's going on? It's not common for a guy, unless it's the way he's always been from the beginning. The fact that you had not spent a weekend together in a while and he came over looking gruffy and then cut he's hair when he was leaving. Tells me he doesn't care too much about what you think.

Its more common for girls do this. Actually I think girls do this more then guys, especially after they get married or are in a long term relationships.

I think this is one of the main reasons people cheat or break up. I think it's healthy to a relationship to remain attractive to your partner. The way you always did when you where first dating. Of course it doesn't have to be ALL the time. But if you haven't been on a date together in a while or spent quality alone together. I do believe you should kick it up a notch, lol. It helps keep the spark and the attraction going.

• It isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Maybe it just means he's confortable around you and he thinks you will love him anyway, so he just doesn't worry too much about his physical appearance.

Although, if you feel bad about it, just tell him

• I will love him anyway. He tends to be a rugged guy anyhow...so at least he asked me before he tried to put sweat pants on lol (he knows I actually like sweat pants on him)...b/c that particular night I had dressed up a bit. I guess I don't feel bad about it esp because he is still attractive to me.