Is it unfair to have a height preference/standard?

Is it unfair for girls or guys to have a height preference or standard?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all. Sorry if I get a little heated about this, and I'm not taking it out on you but anyways: I think everyone has a right to what they prefer in a relationship. Attraction = sex. Sex is a part of a relationship. No attraction=no sex/no relationship. It gets me pissed off because someone else asked a question asking if people would date someone shorter / taller than themselves and o answered saying that I wouldn't date someone shorter, and I got so many down votes and negative comments. I mean, sorry I can't date a guy that's 5'5? No, I'm f***ing 5'8 and I don't wanna feel like the man in the relationship. Or if someone tries to feed me the "You're missing out on love because you're too shallow to get over a height difference." that's not true , because I wouldn't even give a guy that's shorter than me the time of day when it comes to relationships because it's not fair to waste my time or his.

• Just remember. people can't change their height. You can get skinnier or get buffer, but you can't gain height.

• I know. But there's 8 billion people In the world, I think I can find one that is my height or taller hahah

What Guys Said 7

• I don't think it is unfair. We all have our preferences. That being said, girls especially should proably learn to be a little less picky. Most guys aren't really tall, so there's always going to be a shortage of us tall guys versus the number of girls who want to get with a tall guy. That means girls need to give in a bit more on this preference if they want to increase their chances of getting a boyfriend. I say that as a 6'1" guy, not a short one.

Dating is about giving yourself a chance of success. That would be like saying, I won't date a girl with less than xyz type boobs! Even if I have a preference for XYZ boobs, there could be girls out there would could make me happy with a different set of breasts. That's why dropping certain preferences can help increase your chances of finding someone.

• Well, with me, I couldn't really have a girlfriend taller than me. I prefer her to be as tall or shorter.

• No. In what sense is it unfair? That's like saying its unfair to judge a long jump on who jumps the farthest.

• As TRULY just a preference: No, because everyone has them.

As a requirement: No, but you better damn well be fine with a guy turning you down because you don't have big enough boobs, aren't tight enough, etc.

• Most people don't give those they aren't attracted to the time of day so I'm pretty sure no one gets hurt in this situation...

• I think you're misinterpreting what I mean. True preferences are fine. It's whether or not you are flexible with them that matters. For example: A chick says she prefers guys who are 6' and taller, yet meets a guy who's shorter than that (but is still taller than her). She decides that he makes up for it in other ways and gives him a chance. This is a preference. It gets shallow once you REFUSE to date a guy shorter than 6' even if you like other things about him. That's the difference.

• It's not unfair at all, you can't help if you prefer people a certain height, it's like how some people like blondes better than brunettes.

• well life is not fair in general, so yes that is not fair either, because you can't change your height but you can change your weight

• no people are into whatever theyre into, I wouldn't want a girl that prefers taller than me tho

What Girls Said 7

• They can't change their height, but I'm sure most people can't change who they're attracted to.

As a kinda tall female, I've had several men tell me I was too tall for their tastes. Yes, it sucks but the last thing I want is for someone to "settle" for me and find something about me I can't change as something that's unattractive. He's not doing me any favors by lying to himself to make me happy.

It's not unfair, we all have preferences and standards on things people can and can't change.

• Apparently on this site it is. I answered a question a little bit back that asked what your ideal height in the opposite gender is and I said 5'10 and up. I am 5'2 so I would have no problem being with a guy a few inches taller than me (and I'm short so there are plenty) but it asked what my ideal was and I clearly stated 5'10 and up although anything taller than me is great.

Well I got about 4 down votes lol.

• NOPE not a problem or unfair. Cause I think more people should have standerds and everyone has a preference. BUt I say having standards are good as long as you don't get snobby or bitchy about it. Like normally I date guys who are 6'2 at the shortest but lately some slightly shorter guys have been aproaching me and I'm not going to turn a sweet heart guy down cause he's not the height I want or doesn't have the eyes color I want.

• u can't help who your attracted to.

• Nope...its just preference.

• No, not at all. Attraction is important in a relationship. Height is apart of that physical attraction. I don't think it's wrong, or shallow, to have a preference for a certain height.

• Whether it's fair or not is totally irrelevent. We cannot control what we like and don't like.