Flat Iron: To buy or not to buy?

I've had the Hai Classic Convertible since 2009, I got it half off during the Christmas time and I already had a gift card, so it was a steal! It's normal market price is about 60-80 (it was 80 at the time), and I got it for 38 :) It was the first professional flat iron I've ever owned and I love it.

The issue is... it's kind of getting old. I can tell that its going to die soon. It also damages my hair a little more than I would like and the color on the plates are coming off.

I was thinking I'd buy myself the Solia Tourmaline Ceramic Ion. I was thinking of getting a CHI, but it doesn't have a heat setting and I have fine, curly hair-- I don't nee 450 degrees to get it straight. The Solia is $60 and is apparently better than the CHI and almost as good as the Sedu (which is too expensive). All the reviews I've watched have said its gentle on hair, its long lasting, and really worth it.

So I'm debating whether to get it or not. Money is always an issue with me, but I do have some to spare and I straighten my hair often. In the end, it is only 60, with free shipping.

What do you think? :) link

• buy it. nao
  • don't but it!
  • yay consumerism :d

Most Helpful Girl

• I've tried probably ever straightener hahaha. I have about eight right now. From ones that are 20 bucks to ones that are 150-200 bucks. I think you should get that iron, but I have one that's called Cortex, I think and I got it from winners for I think .. 55 bucks after tax and it works just as well as the 'professional' ones.

• That's awesome :D thank you!

What Guys Said 3

• I have no idea about flat irons but if you decide to buy it you should google up promo codes. Maybe from retailmenot?

link

• Was I the only one thinking you were buying a car? O_o

• What I've learned in life is to buy EXACTLY what you want. You'll always be able to justify the price if you're completely satisfied with your decision.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't see why not, especially since yours is about to die. It's not too expensive and it seems like you've done your research on what you really want.

I have a cheap straightener that I've had for who knows how many years now and it still works fine, so I don't know how much the price actually matters with straighteners, but it's up to you :)

• I have a Solia myself, and I love it. I bought it about three years ago for $85 and it's still going strong. I think it's a solid investment.

• Nice :D I'm definitely getting it now!

• Buy it !

• I've had Solia it was decent but not amazing.

I got a Fahrenheit for 30 dollars at a TJ Maxx or Marshalls. It is great. I highly recommend.

• :O I'm going to look into that, thank you!