How does water help speed up hair growth?

Question says it all? I'm looking for scientific answeres if any of you have?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yum whos that sexy mofo in your picture lol

Um well we definitely need water to survive so I'd imagine it'd help your hair grow lol I couldn't exactly tell you how it works.

I've heard flipping your hair over and brushing it out upside down makes it grow quicker.. But I really don't know how it'd help

What Girls Said 4

• I heard once of such a technique where pressurized water was applied to the scalp in order to increase blood flow and stimulating follicles, thus making the hair grow.

• I never heard of that. As a girl, I heard that if you rub and massage coconut oil on your hair, it grows faster due to the stimulation...

• Water damages hair, causing it to break. Soooo I don't know how it would help it grow.

• Maybe it's like a plant. Needs water food and sunlight to grow.

What Guys Said 2

• I thought it was the opposite. I used to have hair to my shoulders and I avoided clogging my pores to help my hair grow longer. Tho I couldn't really tell the difference, I've been told it works that way.

• It doesn't.