Guys who wear v-neck sweaters with dress shirts?

So I am currently a graduate student. I am a socially awkward, shy nerd, but I want to dress more fashionably so I can be more attractive to girls (I know I have to get over the shyness also).

How would I look if I started wearing v-neck sweaters with a dress shirt underneath? Like this guy here:

link

Would I seem like a tool if I dressed like this? Would people like my appearance?

Would I look too formal and thus look awkward?

Most Helpful Girl

• Urgh I want to punch that guy in the face. Might look good on you though.

What Girls Said 7

• you would look great! thumbs up!

• I don't think that would look too formal at all! I know it's really expensive but Jcrew has really great men's clothing, you should check out the website if you're willing to spend a decent amount. Also, Sperry-topsiders and/or Wallabees are really nice shoes that make any ensemble effortlessly put-together. Hope this helps!

• I think if you have a skinny to slim/lean build, it'll look really cute :) But on bigger builds, not so much.

• link

Might want to stick to something more casual like that.

• Sure go for it.

• it depends on how you dress it. you can do it with slacks with formal shoes -formal

Or you can do it with some nice jeans not so tight or skinny jean like with some nice casual shoes = nikes -low tops dunks blazers etc , jordans, creative recreations circo etc

• I'm a girl and I think it's cute and makes a guy look handsome when they dress up. There are girls with different ideas in how guys should dress so really it's about how you prefer to dress and what goes well with how you look and your personality. The style you're going for gives me the impression of a classy guy, maybe a bit reserved, that is, if I met you on campus or somewhere similar. If you were dressed like this for a party, maybe you would look like a tool, depends on the atmosphere.

What Guys Said 4

• This look is a little formal for the casual situations you are normally finding in graduate school. This is more office type wear. If it's a meeting or academic function, , sure, but as everyday wear, it brands you...as a nerd! Exactly what you don't want!

• if you want to make the look less formal, you could wear dark jeans with it rather than dress pants. Patterned shirts rather than solid color will also give a bit more casual feeling.

link under a solid color sweater.

or flip it. solid button under a patterned sweater

link

• Make sure the shirt is button down

link

• That look is good, but you need to un-nerd it a tad. Watch how Paul Weller wears it with a plaid shirt at around the 1:00min mark

link