How old do you think you look?

And what's the farthest from your actual age anyone has mistaken you for being?

Physically, I think I often look younger than I am, but mentally (meaning once people talk to me) I come across as older than I actually am. I think I also carry myself in a more mature way, not to say that I can't be immature sometimes, haha

The worst thing is when I'm out with my younger brothers (they're 10 and 12 and the 12 year old is taller than me...) and people ask me about my sons, or something like that. Really bugs me, haha

Farthest away from my actual age that I've gotten (specifically) is 30. 30 freaking years old. Yay me, haha

Okay, so would you rather be mistaken for being older or younger than you actually are?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I think I may look a couple of years younger than I am. I'm 22 (almost 23) and people still think I'm between 17-20. That may be because I usually shave and do keep myself clean shaven on some days. I have had a few people that tell me my face is starting to look more mature now though. But even when I have let my facial hair grow out people can still see my young face underneath all that stubble. Someone once said to me "I can still see your babyface, it just look like you have stuck that hair on your face" lol. However, I have heard from people that they could finally tell I was older once I started speaking lol.

At the moment I would rather be mistaken for being older than I am. But when I am older I would like to be mistaken for being younger lol.

What Guys Said 9

• I don't think I've ever been mistaken for my age or younger. Between the way I carry myself, the way I talk to people, and my general level of maturity when conversing, by the time people find out my age they're almost always surprised I'm "So young". In terms of looks, I look about the same as I did in my soph/junior year of high school and I'm 22 now. I really do think it had more to do with my demeanor than anything else though.

If you read about the con man Frank Abagnale Jr., he said that often times it was all about how you presented yourself and how you came across. Knowing the right lingo, dressing the part, being charming and cool. And from experience I can say that it's usually pretty true.

• I thought 17/18. Youngest I've got is15 or less from a shop assistant asking me for ID... Highest is 46 from someone who thought I was too educated to be at the time a 16 year old... They thought I put up fake pictures for some reason...?

• I think I look my age for the most part (21). I'm too tall and big to be confused as being younger, but I never get confused for being older.

• i think I look my age everyone thinks I look like I'm in my 30s I'm 20

• 17 or 18. I'm 20.

• Well my Mom forgets my age all the time, she thinks I am 21 going on 10 or something.

Seriously though. I usually pass for 24-25. My last 3 girlfriend have all been older than me. 28, 26, and 26. In truth I am 21. I guess I grew up quick.

• I remember a year ago when I was 20 a girl I worked with thought I was 25. A lot of people say I still look like a kid. When I shave I look 15. When I let my facial hair grow then I look older.

• depends, if I shave I look younger

• if I don't shave people say I look 25, if I shave I look like iam 17-18

What Girls Said 13

• I've gotten an old woman to think I had a 5 month old baby at the tender age of 14

Then all throughout middle school women thought I worked at Target, sure I was in there all the time but I was not wearing khakis and a red top :)

At around 12 some 25 year old dude hit on me :/ so I didn't stick around to ask him how old he "thought" I was

It's always been about 3-5 years older because I'm tall

No one has ever mistaken me for younger so :) that's a good thing

hmm 13 years if mister creep-o thought I was over the drinking limit

• I think I look 21-25 but a lot of people mistake me for a 16/17 year old.

I have been asked by different people "Why am I not in school?" during the early morning hours. When I tell them my age if asked, they are shocked.

The oldest I've ever been mistaken for was 27.

• i'm always getting confused as being younger than I am. normally I'll get like 1 or 2 years younger but one time.. I was at Target and this lady said I looked from behind like a friggin pre teen wth! I was with one of my older sister's and we were talking after and she was like.. that lady definitely is a baaad judge of age! so ya I tend to look a little younger but I don't act younger I tend to be more mature than peeps my age.. at least in comparison to guys it seems.

• If someone doesn't talk to me and they just look at me, they mistaken me for being younger. I usually get 16-18.

When someone talks to me, they mistakenly think I am 26-27. I think because I look younger they say that age, but if I looked 24, I am sure they would guess older. Perhaps it's my realistic nature. :)

<3

MissRealistic

• I have people who think I am younger than I actually am. It's because I keep my hair very long and straight. If my hair is short then people perceive me to be older.

I actually LOVE when people think I am younger than I actually am. It makes me feel good. Sometimes people are shocked if I reveal my real age...good luck with that.

• People have told me that I have an "old soul" and that I'm "wise beyond my years."

Not sure what kind of drugs they were on when they said that, though.

As for my physical appearance, when I'm wearing make-up, I get mistaken for being older, but if I'm not, people always guess that I'm younger than my actual age.

• The youngest I've gotten is 14 so that's about 5 years younger. If I get dressed in more then just jeans and a t-shirt and wear a bit more makeup I'll usually get about 17 but that's still 2 years younger. I kind of like that people guess my age wrong and think I'm younger, you get to shock them when you tell them your actual age and looking younger now will help for when I'm older and actually want to look young.

• Some school staff have thought I'm a year 7 before, and I was in year 10 at the time. Probably because of me being quite short.

• I think I look my age, which is 25.

• I am a teenager, and I have been mistaken for a 25 year old. It would be great if I actually did bad stuff, but it's going to suck when I'm older.

• A couple years older, like 18 maybe.

• Well I'm 14 but people have thought I was anywhere from 16-18 years old. I have been told that I have an old soul and that I am much smarter than most. Also my physical features make me look much older than I am

• I think I look 20