I scratched my tattoo and now it's peeling. HELP!

I am so scared, I will call the tattoo shop when it opens today, and ask, but I got a tattoo last Friday, Dec.23rd, of a little star on my hip, and last night I was scratching it, because it itched I guess, and I knew I should not of been doing that, but did it a few more times anyway after, then stopped, because I wouldn't know what would happen. This is my first tattoo. Then I woke up today, and some of the star is peeling off. Like some parts looks like I could just pick it off and some parts I have just moved back into place already. o_O I am so scared. I don't know if this is normal, and I don't know if it's like the top layer of my tattoo is all going to peal off eventually and leave a faint print, or what? Please tell me if this is normal? If it's not. I guess I will have to go back and get it touched up? I will ask to get that for free, lol. HELP!

Thanks guys, but I went and got it checked out yesterday, and they said it was fine, and nothing was wrong with it. Peeling was normal, and they explained the stage it was in. It should be alright.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• You'll have to get it touched up. I did the same thing, and it's a pain in the butt.

• Oh, at least I'm not the only one. Great -__- that's more money out my pocket. How do I ensure that this incident doesn't happen again?

• Even if it's not worse than what it is, Imma go back anyway asap and get it touched up. Thanx for your help.

• No problem :)

• You're going to have to get it touched up. And they will not do it for free most likely because it's your fault for scratching it...

Keep applying your A&D ointment so at least it doesn't dry out even more since it's pealing... And next time it itches, you SMACK IT, not scratch it.

• I didn't use the A&D oinment, because my mom said I didn't have too, it was just optional. Great -__-, I said I should get some anyway, and she said if nothings wrong with it, you don't need it. That was like a few days ago. Do you think that because I didn't use that, that's why it's peeling? I know I soundso stupid right now.

• Yeahh definitely. At least you know now. :/