Why do girls/women think overweight guys are not good boyfriend material?

You hardly hear girls/women say oh, that fat/overweight guy over there is cute or hot. Nope instead they get kicked to the curb as usual and yet its these same women/girls who, complain when guys do the same thing? 9 times out of 10 the only reason why girls/women find overweight guys attractive is because of his cool car and or $$$. There's no denying it no matter how you say it.

So basically the only way I'm ever gonna get, a Girlfriend is to be some douche bag with muscles? What a shock.
Its real simple. Muscles= big penis Fat=money. Since I'm no means rich, I guess I'm screwed.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love fat guys, I'm a huge chubby chaser. True you hardly ever hear it, you'd hear "fat chicks are hot" from a guy more often than you would from a girl. But then again, girls aren't as sexual as guys.

• ^ Wish I could honestly believe that, but in America fat guys get nowhere, unless he's hung or rich.

• Say to what? That I'm an uglyfatass?

• I can't comment on that, the only thing I have to go off is how you come off in this question, and yeah, my first impression of you is that you're and angry fat guy, I can't comment on how ugy you are simply because I have no way of knowing that. You claim to be a nice guy but I am yet to see that.

What Girls Said 10

• My boyfriend is overweight and I'm attracted to him. He doesn't have a car due to just moving back into the state, and doesn't have money either because he just started a new job a week or so ago. Muscles? Sure, but he's obviously not like super cut and bulging with them. I find huge muscles with zero body fat to be really unattractive, personally.

Have you ever thought that maybe it's your bitter attitude that turns girls off, and not how you look?

• Why do you think guys who are in good physical condition are douchebags? Do you think going from fat to fit would change your personality and make you an a**hole? Are you saying that fat people automatically have better characters than men with muscles? You sould bitter and jealous to be honest. you don't have to be rich but you should be attractive if you want to attract women, come on now

• I agree.You should have gotten best answer but I guess he wants someone to condone his appearance.You know,to help him wallow in his self pity.And his recent update is just childish.No wonder he doesn't have a girlfriend. Meh...

• How is it that I see so very many fat husbands, then? I have to imagine there's something about these guys that attracted their wife and made them stay interested in the relationship (perhaps even despite weight gain) - most likely not their money in many cases, as I know plenty who don't have much. Perhaps it's more along the lines of "This man makes me laugh, is supportive and respectful, and we have chemistry?"

• Are You sure it isn't money? I beg to differ. They'll laugh when his fatass is broke.

• I'm sorry, but that's not true. I've liked some guys who are overweight because I liked their personalities; they were both very talented people, kind, smart and made me laugh. I was sexually attracted to them and neither of them had much money. I can't speak for all women but I think a lot of women would prefer a great personality over looks. Besides, if you don't like the way you look, you can always change it.

Anyway, it cuts both ways. Many guys draw the line at dating a fat/overweight girl no matter her personality.

Don't call pr3ttybr0wn names, she was just trying to help you.

• Because excess fat degrades your physical appearance and makes you less attractive. not too many women are jumping to date men they aren't attractive. it's the same reason why most men don't think overweight girls aren't good girlfriend material. they just don't find them attractive. the overweight girls who don't like overweight guys either need a reality check, or a kanye workout plan. you can't demand someone to be fit when your not yourself

• WOW...This thread became quite pathetic real fast. Your last update to pr3ttybr0wn says a lot about who you are.For one,you can't handle anothers opinion,so why even bother asking a question.Secondly,you just want to sound off about your own appearance when you could hit a gym and help yourself. People equate your appearance with how well you take care of yourself. So here's a tip...less cheese burgers.

It's just how life works.Deal with it. Good luck.

• I'll have to disagree with you on that, I've had quite a few crushes on guys who were overweight. I was always afraid to even talk to them because I thought they would hate me or something. personality counts for every woman, you just need to look for the right girl. do you really want to be called "hot"? if I were a guy I would rather be called handsome, also, your personality reflects on how you look as well. now that I think about it, I have gone out with an overweight guy. really nice guy! but he broke up with me.. anyway! I hope I helped:)

• Because it looks like you don't take care of your appearance or have lazy qualities.

• I really do not care about his looks! I am more the personality looking person. For me I rather date a person who's not rich because they all complete snobs.

• I've found guys of all sizes attractive. *shrug*

What Guys Said 4

• Stop complaining and stop being lazy. Your problems can be fixed with diet and exercise.

• I have ever god given right to bitch and complain, let me take an educated guess. Your one of those DB's with a 6 pack and a hot Girlfriend right?

• Lol no dude. I'm telling you this because it's true, I'm seriously not trying to diss you man. I gave my friend a workout schedule and diet plan and he went from being 340 to a solid 230. You just gotta put in the effort. You're better off than me, I wish all I had to worry about was being overweight.

• Believe me man, I'm no Brad Pitt or Justin Bieber. I walk around everywhere I go since I have no car, unless its somewhere far, then I get a ride. Oops forget women like cars too. I'm still f***ed.

• Because ~85% of women go for the same, top ~15% of men. Overweight guys don't fall into that category.

• @ Update - How tall are you? Height tends to be more important to women than muscles.

• Hades how tall are you? Just wondering; I see you mentioning height a lot.

• I'm 177cm tall, mate.

• I can't believe such a positive, happy guy like you couldn't get a date.

• I can't believe an asswipe like You can?

• Sorry I called you a asswipe, I was just caught up in the moment. Even if I loss some weight I'm 6'0 and weigh between 225-250, its my face that gets me nowhere.

• Or at least ready to make a change in your life for the better.

• You can lose the weight. You really can. Do P90X and in 90 days you'll look phenomenally better.

• Why? So I can still be ignored?

• I mean this constructively, I think you can pick up that persona.

• I'm sick and tired of trying and still getting nowhere.