Would you rather have a model figure or athletic build?

This can apply to guys too! lol Honestly, because I associate strength with the athletic build (not like Arnold...just toned), I'd pick that choice! I want to have vitality not just be present...wbu? And what about your partner? =)

• Model of course
  • Athletic obviously
  • No preference between the two
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• well I went from being verge-of-anorexia-skinny, to being very athletic and toned. without a doubt, I prefer my figure now. I have a well toned, glowing, healthy body. and yore totally right about the whole vitality thing aswell :)

when I look back on all of my old photos from when I was so skinny, I just feel like crap. of course, at the time I thought I looked great, but now I see how unhealthy, lifeless, and sick I looked. unfortunately my sister has fallen victim to the whole model look now, along with friends. I don't see the appeal, there's just no shape or vitality to it.

• Wow! Good for u! Bet that switch was hard! It's scary how obsessive it can become...I saw a documentary on these two ladies investigating eating disorders and one of the reporters underwent the routine herself and the production was stopped because she had developed an eating disorder herself! I think it's all about the power and feeling of having control...Glad you are taking care of yourself now! Hope your sister will do the same!

• thank you:)i hope so too:] yeah,that just shows how easily someone can slip into that mentality. you don't actually realize how over-controlling and harmful it is to you until a good while after you overcome it, if you do. thanks for the ba too!:)

What Guys Said 8

• I'd much rather have the athletic build. I think that is a much healthier build than the model figure (assuming you aren't too big). And I like playing sports, so that would probably fit me better.

I soooooooooo much rather prefer an athletic build than a model figure on girls too. Having an athletic tone like that is very attractive. There is such a thing as "too thin" and many models have that.

• Athletic. I like athletic girls best too.

• most guys would have an athletic build. some girls can pull off the athletic look very finely if I do say so. just the really muscular toned look on girls is a turn off for me. iam more into voluptuos, even sort of chubby girls. marilyn monroe look is the definition of the perfect body type for women in my mind.

• Hmmm yeah it's weird how norms have changed (well in the media mainstream)...I mean she was "it" in her time...well, I'm glad you appreciate her... =)

• for my partner I would say the athletic figure because they are more healthy and less likely to be in a wheelchair when we grow old together :) I think the most important thing is the heart... because you could starve yourself and be slim but that doesn't mean you have a good heart (you have to do some cardio work for that).

for me id want the athletic build, not a model figure. though I guess for guys, model = athletic build so its a catch 22 lol

• Less likely to be in a wheelchair? lol True...unless they accidentally fall down a flight of stairs! =) You think model = athletic for guys? Some of those Armani guys or cologne ads are more lean IMO than muscular...no?

• hmm I wouldn't know.. I tend not to look at guy models in ads! haha. I mean generally in the muscular sense. those guys may not be very cut but they look like they can run around the block just fine! I guess its relative. I just meant that the models look like they are in shape

• Oh gotcha...lol I guess it's good you don't check out those ads! Didn't think about that! =)

• I would rather have an athletic build. As for girls I wouldn't be too picky between model or athletic.

• Be athletic and built. Its so worth the hard work ! Especially if you enjoy sports.

• That's awesome that you love it! Sucks when some people are pushed into it by their parents and hate it!

• Athletic build easily. What use is a good body, if you are too weak to do anything?

• What are you doing to make yourself look that way?

What Girls Said 5

• Definitely athletic. I've had that build all my life and I wouldn't really wanna change it.

• Model figure as in really tall and stick like ?

I'd rather be healthy and toned.

• I think by model you mean slim? But really, models can be athletic too. It just depends on what they're modeling for.

• True...I guess I've seen one too many with exposed ribs and was thinking that...

• Some models look unhealthy because they're so tall and skinny! I'm not a fan of that, plus I wouldn't have a chance of being a model considering I'm 5'4, 110 ibs, and a 32 D hahaha not the typical model build haha

• Yeah I don't like the unhealthy look at all...some of the Victoria's Secret girls do look better than the Paris/Milan runway models though because they have more meat to their bodies...

• True that! Some models just look gross! :(

• Model figure like the victorias secret girls *.*