Is it common for girls to want to look like they just got back from prom...for their birthdays?

I just saw a question about a girl who is having her birthday. She'll be 27 and she wants to look like she just got back from prom, in a stunning red gown...

Is it common to want to do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the chick.

I wore a hoodie and some old jeans for my last birthday. Usually people will go out and do something for their birthdays, so they want to look kinda nice.

But the huge princess gowns and such - don't think that's a reacurring theme among females. Only for super special birthdays which the birthday girl dictates. ( Like that girls 27th birthday is special to her.)

27 to me is an odd age to specialize lol - but maybe she just recovered from some disease or some hardship in life and is using it as an oppurtunity to celebrate that too?

What Girls Said 4

• I.. don't think so?

I saw that post, and I was thinking, "Who the hell has birthday parties where they would wear a dress that fancy?"

If it's my birthday, I just dress according to where I'm going. If it's a party at my house, I'll wear jeans. If I'm going to a nice restaurant or a bar, I might wear a dress, but not a formal dress.

• Not for me, but I never really had a birthday party, except for my sweet 16. For me my birthday means going out to dinner with my boyfriend. We usually go to a nice restaurant, but not prom dress fancy. But if she can afford to have a fancy party, why not?

• it depends. Different people may have different favor in terms of dressing:p

• Well, you know some people take thier birthdays seriously...

What Guys Said 1

• Well, no, bgy that age most women are over their princess stage and don't think their birthdays are such a big deal..in fact by 27 they often don't want to be reminded they are 'getting old!'

Not like us guys, who, like fine wine, just improve with age.

Some women, though, never DO get over their princess stage. They're still trying to look like prom queens at 80.