Why do people consider this tacky/trashy?

Why would a tattoo on a woman's butt cheek be viewed as tacky or trashy? Assuming the tattoo itself is nice, why is it tacky/trashy just because of the position on the body?

So, what do you personally think? And please explain why.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the placement.

Why it's like that, is because there are ideas that surround these areas.

Like arm tatoos are seen to be more masculine, and a lot of guys get them there as opposed to girls because it compliments muscle and draws the eye to that area. Guys like to have big muscular arms so tatoo's there are considered " tough but casual too."

Leg tattoo's on women are seen as being sexy but still classy because they draw the eye to her legs - which according to a lot of guys, are attractive.

Now, tatoos on the breast, inner thigh - and for some reason the lower back - tushy, are seen as being more racy because the central thought around the placement of those tattoos, is assumed that the person got them to attract attention to the more sensual, sexy and sultry areas.

It's like when a girl will wear a tube top with a short skirt - sure you can say they're just clothes but the perspective society makes out for that image is what dictates how trasy or tacky something is.

Personally, I think little tushy tattoos are more like cute than sexy. My friend got a little rose bud tattoo'ed right under her cheek. You can see it when she's in a bathing suit - but it doesn't exactly scream trashy whore to me.

But society has an interesting way of synthesizing such ideas - especially based off of such superficial things such as body art.

What Guys Said 6

• Who knows, why are butterflys on girls ankles considered cute? Maybe because people just tend to associate that since its on your ass that its a gross area to put it?

Similarly to when you put a lower back tattoo that tells guys your easy. I personally love a girls skin for what it is, nothing added like tattoos or piercings except for the ears.

• Why would a straight guy think a girl's ass is gross? lol

• So you really think that the average straight men nowadays thinks a woman's butt (assuming it's an attractive woman) is something nasty to him? I'm preeetty sure that's not the case... lol

• Well to be blunt, you shouldn't worry about asking this question then. like I said, its a minority that think that way. People are more focused on the fact that you HAVE a tattoo, not the placement so much.

• A girl I dated for a while had an awesome tattoo of a vine with flowers on a quarter of her body. Leg, hip and waist.

I usually don't like tattoos but it looked really cool. Then she got another one on her lower back. Some words. It looked trashy and made even the other tattoo which was a nice work of art look trashy.

If you think about it statistically, its probably not worth getting one. 20% chance to get a really nice and beautiful tattoo. 50% chance for it to come out perfectly.

Even if it comes out perfect, 50% chance for other people to like it.

Get it on your ass or boob, 95% chance for people to see it as trashy.

Guys think Michelle Bombshell Mcgee pretty hot with all her tats but it's nothing a decent guy would wanna bring home to mom and have as his wife!

• Unfortunately, tattoos on women are in the "love it or hate it" category. Some men, myself included, just do not like them. I think they mar a woman's beauty. Back in the 90s I went steady with a woman who gave me the best sex of my entire life. She turned me on like no other before, or since. We eventually broke up and moved on to other partners, but I always missed the incredible sex. Then, after 10 years, we had an unexpected encounter and ended up in bed one evening. I was ecstatic over the thought of reuniting with her. But when she disrobed I soon discovered that she had gotten a few tattoos since we were last together. One on her ankle, one at the top of her left breast and one on her right butt cheek. She had such beautiful skin, beautiful breasts and shapely butt. It was so disappointing to me to see what she had done. I tried not to show my feelings, but I could not get away from the images of those tattoos. If she was on her back, the breast tattoo was staring me in the face, and when she was on her stomach, the butt tattoo was greeting me. It really ruined the sex experience for me. I really wish that I could get myself to accept tattoos and to find them appealing, but I just can't. It's especially regretful because of the prevalence of tattoos in today's society.

Sorry for the "short story". I got the feeling you wanted both an opinion and an explanation.

• Well, but as someone who generally doesn't like tattoos on women, let alone even get turned off by it, you're basically disqualified as an answerer of my question... lol

• i guess because its something only one person can see when they are naked or on the beach where that part of your body is somewhat supposed to be private. Hell if I know, people have weird views on judging people, I guess getting a tattoo on my butt cheeks saying "Chuck noriss was here first" would give away the wrong impression.

• I personally have nothing against tattoos, no matter where they are placed, as long as they are artistic, well done and look good!

And on women they're really hot!

But I don't want to sound rude(who am I kidding I will be anyway) the problem about tattoos and especially on such places is... they remain there forever(unless you decide to remove them but it's costly and painful and risky)

So imagine that your granny got a rose or a dragon tattoed on her buttcheek. How weird is that?

• All tats are trashy and disfiguring?

What Girls Said 7

• I don't like tattoos myself. Don't have one and never get one. Having said that everyone is different and I believe in diversity. Inshort if it is done right and in good taste, above all if you like it then go for it.

• YES! NO tats...O:O..what could possibly be better than beautiful female skin?

• I think tattoos on any place that is highly sexualized (butt, boob, inner thigh, etc) becomes more sexual than it would be if it was in a neutral place like the arm or the neck.

As as person who sees tattoos as a personalized work of art, I think sexualizing them but putting them in such locations kind of degrades the artwork, if that makes sense.

• What if the reason for choosing that place on the body is not meant to be sexual and is more of a "comofrt area" that not everyone gets to see, and also won't hurt, since it's all flesh there... lol

• That's a valid reason and it makes sense, but without getting that explanation and simply knowing you had a tattoo on your butt, I would think it was sexualized.

• Personally, I'd consider that trashy/tacky..

It's just like a girl having a "tramp stamp" really she's just getting it to draw attention to that area.. her ass. Tattoos are a form of expression, when someone decides to get a tattoo it's to show it off, 95% of the time it isn't just for them to look at/keep to themselves.. so placing one on your ass, boob, hips/thighs etc. really someones only going to see it when their intimate with you or you decide to show it off.. tattoos with personal meaning usually don't get put on someones butt cheek, unless it's to provoke a sexual intent/response from another.

• I don't think its trashy. But 99% of butt tats are something that's meant to be funny or something you wouldn't want other people too see. Not too many people have a sentimental tattoo placed on their ass and take it seriously.

• BECAUSE. People are just jealous of the people who can pull them off ;D

• Like someone else said, it's for a sexual purpose. But I believe it's fine though, people get tattoos for millions of reasons.

• Why woul yuo get a tattoo where not even you can see it? Unless you are looking in a mirror!

• Why would someone get a tattoo on their back/neck/shoulders?