Tall girls wearing high heels, yes or no?

By tall, I'm talking 5'9 and above. I'm 5'9, an Asian and I would absolutely love to wear high heels, but I don't, because I get funny stares from people even when I'm wearing flats.. and I've heard some guys go 'woah she's tall' when I pass by them =_= So yeah. Guys and girls, opinion please?

Most Helpful Girl

• i wear heels allll the time, and I mean like at least 3 inches usually 4 so it does add a lot of height. sometimes I used to get self conscious, but I decided I should just wear what I want, and I LOVE WEARING HEELS. I feel hot, fashionable, and just great. if you actually have style when you wear them(as in they don't look tacky) and you have the correct body type(and from your picture it looks like you do) then go for it! you're majorly pretty so you'll just look fantastic:)

one reason I got over my self consciousness was because when I would go to nyc I would see these really tall, beautiful girls in 5 inch heels who had fantastic style and I would just gape at them, and so did everyone else. so now I cherish my height. you should to:)

• Aww thank you. :) Yeah, I mean, over here in Malaysia, the average height is like, 5'4, so even if they were 4' heels, they'd still be shorter than me, and I even have friends like 'ahh! I'm so jealous of your height, know what, you're not allowed to wear high heels because you're tall enough'. Kinda makes me feel blagghh though. But I tend to get uncomfortable wearing high heels with my friends because it kinda makes me feel like the odd(-er?) one out. :D Anyway, thanks you!

What Guys Said 14

• Most guys, I think, can barely look a girl straight in the eyes much less look up into her eyes. They talk and act tough, but in the end they are WORMS when it comes to looking a girl in the eyes. That's why even 6'5" guys are seen walking around with these tiny girls only 5' tall! They DON'T have to look them in they eyes! Looking down at a girl gives them a false sense of security that they are superior. Almost all my life I've always been attracted to taller girls so, imo, I think you should wear what heals you want. If a guy squirms looking up into your eyes, then he doesn't have any confidence in himself and it's time for you to move to the next guy.

• ?

"That's why even 6'5" guys are seen walking around with these tiny girls only 5' tall! They DON'T have to look them in they eyes! "

I don't think that's the reason. Super tall guys date short women so when they have children, the children will be average height.

• Cartiphilus - Haha, I never really thought about the superior thing! Anyway, thank you!

rocksongwriter- Ahh, so that's the reason why I have never managed to get a super tall guy :( *okayface.jpg* :P

• You wear what you want to wear, end of story. I would think less of a girl who let others' opinions affect how she dresses than one who dresses how she wants regardless.

That being said I like girls in flats better regardless of height because they're far more practical and I like the idea of a practically minded girl who puts function before style. That's just me tough.

• Okay this is probably going to sound really sad, I've never actually had the guts to wear high heels to go out shopping or anything like that, only for formal occasions (which mostly involve dinners, sitting down) So I've never actually had to deal with the pain of hobbling around in high heels. Haha. So I see your point there. Anyway, thanks! :)

• Please don't wear them around me, I tend to pinch tall women in heels.

• Only tall guys or very confident dudes will aproach you (like me for example). Had an ex that was about the same and with heels she was easily taller than me. Took some getting used to but she was hot so f*** it, not going to let the fact that she was taller than me with heels disuade me. Got a lot of jealous looks in the club and had to get rid of guys that would try to flirt with her all night.

• Haha that's cute, and I guess a guy does need to be confident. I mean, I've heard mean things from people like 'look at the girl she's dating ,way too tall for a short guy like that', which to me, is just super rude. I mean if a couple is happy together, keep the comments to yourself, right? Anyway, thank you! :)

• Ye I know exactly what you mean. It was so annoying. I have on several occasions considered beating some people up because of it. You find real a**holes at clubs. A lot of people judge us also because she was white and blond while I am brown skinned. People are so closed minded sometimes.

• I'm a very tall dude, and I notice tall girls more. Besides, heels make your calves look great. =P Rock what you've got!

• Omg, a tall guy who actually notices tall girls. D: May your children be blessed with long legs as well. haha, and thanks for the input!

• Haha, thanks. If I have kids, I hope to have tall, long legged, bombshell daughters, as my gift to humanity. =P

• Tall girls are hot!

<3 <3 <3 <3

• THANK YOU on behalf of all the tall girls. ;)

• That's totally fine, I'm 6'1 so you wouldn't be taller than me even in heels.

Yes, some guys might have an inferiority complex, especially the short ones seeing a girl taller than them, but that still wouldn't be the case about me, even if the girl would be taller, though that's something totally rare!

• Haha, as weird as it might sound, I've never dated a guy who's actually taller than me, they're mostly either shorter , or the same height. So some of them have said things like 'you would look probably look gorgeous in heels, but I would prefer you wear flats if you go out with me' :/ I don't know if it's just me, or taller guys prefer shorter girls. :P

• Don't give a damn what they say. Looking at your picture, your extremely beautiful. I find tall girls attractive, so I wouldn't have an issue with it. Those guys that judge you are just mad because they couldn't get with a rare beauty such as yourself.

• I date a 5'8" Vietnamese girl who has a penchant for 5" stilettos from Aldo. People stare at her as well, but it's an awestruck thing. What else could it be? "Wow, she's so tall, slender, and not beautiful?" *laugh* I'm guessing "woah she's tall" comes from shorter guys, not the 6'4" ones like myself. We will tend to say "now that's what I like to see!" The people staring at you with stink eye, I'm guessing, might usually be other girls, when their dates are looking at you.

• imo I think be confident with who you are yes your going to be taller then a lot of people as long as your happy yourself in wearing heels then go for it :)

• I don't see the point of heels..but they are certainly not a turn off! If you wish to wear them then go for it ..you would hear no criticism from me...will show off your legs more...(:

• wear them, f*** what anyone says

• Mmmm it's OK. If you got a model-like figure you will probably look quite elegant

• Anddd, If I'm not stick thin like a model?

• It depends what a guy's taste is but for me, I like women smaller than me either in height or weight, or both ideally...

• No

• Care to elaborate why? :)

• I only like when you're taller than me with them on, not when you don't have them on. I'm 5'8"

What Girls Said 8

• I am 5'11 and I feel the same way .. especially because in my country, the average heights is 5'2 or something ... and even less! .. I love heels too , but I only wear them if I really have to wear formal wear.. and I tend to go for shorter heels .. =/

• Ehh, I do the same too! haha, let's try something new for a change? (;

• Haha why not :D , you just motivated me!

• I have taller friends than that who wear heels..go for it..if you can walk in heels they boost your confidence! Heels are to girls what suits are to guys.ie. everyone who can wear them immediately looks hotter! :)

• Wear any height shoes you want to! I'm 5' 9" too and all my heels add an extra 5" to me! I was self conscious about it but then I realized 1) I look fabulous in the heels 2) a lot of dudes don't care and 3) it's actually draw positive attention to me i.e. fashionable, you could be a model...blah blah lol! And it feels like you are on top of the world at the club.

If that doesn't get you, I have a friend who's 6'1 and she still wears heels. Don't let your height be a handicap! :)

• The best thing about posting these questions are knowing how many confident girls there are out there. :D I have huge respect for girls like you. Thanks for the words of encouragement! :)

• i'm only 5'6 and already get funny stares and nasty comments from aunties here in malaysia, I've stop on my heels for a long time and thinking of wearing em' heels again, but I felt self conscious too.

let us all tall girls in malaysia wear high heels! yay!

• im 5'4 and I barely wear heels because I feel too tall but now I don't care anymore I am going to wear what I want so go for it girl wear heels guys will only be jealous they aren't tall enough to be with a girl who is pritty :)

• Wear them!

Tall women look gorgeous, especially when theyre pretty like you :)

• screw people, do what you want I'm 5'8" and I wear heels all the time even if I'm taller than the guy I'm dating. do what you want people are a**holes if they think there is something wrong with it.

• You seem really confident . D: which is a good thing, I wish I had that much confidence to just like, ignore the stares o.O And thanks for the input! :)

• i am 5'8 and I wear high heels all the time and they are usually 3 in to 4 in at the most.but I wear them because my family is very tall but you still shouldn't care what anyone says.