How to get rid of acrylic nails....

Does anyone know how to get rid of acrylic nails, I really don't want to pay $30 to take them off...anytips, and I really don't want to ruin my nails while doing it?

Most Helpful Girl

• you can buy nail stuff in the shops to help remove them... I can't remember what its called (probably different in America anyway) but try something with acetone in it... or... you can work them off, if you just (over a few days) ease them at the side, but you will ruin your nails... I've done that before and ripped half my nail off.

Even if you go to the salon to get them removed it will kinda ruin your nails... until they grow out!

I had acrylic nails on in September... and the nail that was underneath them still hasn't grown out yet x

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I don't recommend doing it at home, but if you do be very careful! First cut the nails as short as possible, then apply petroleum jelly/vaseline on the surrounding of the nail to protect the skin from drying out. Get some cotton and soak it with acetone, wrap it around your finger and cover it with foil. Leave it on for about 15-20 minutes. Gently peel off the acrylic, do not force it-- re-soak if necessary.

• maybe some chemical to undue the glue? I'm sure they have something

• either way you're going to ruin your nails