How to help chapped lips?

My lips hurt really bad! I bite the dead skin off which really doesn't help but I can't seem to stop... it's just the inside part of my lips, the outside is soft. its mainly the bottom lip because I bite it often :/ what could help?

Most Helpful Girl

• take a pinch of sugar and a bit of olive oil to make a paste, then gently rub it on your lips. use a napkin to rub off the sugar and leave the oil to moisturize your lips. then use olive oil or some kind of lip balm to keep your lips soft. my favorite brand is hurraw! lip balm. and stop biting off the dead skin! that really doesn't help things :P

• whoa creative! ha ha and I know its just.. one of those things :3 ha ha thanks c:

• Thanks for best answer!

What Guys Said 3

• I had the same problem, and still sort of do, but medicated lip ointment (from Blistex) helped me a bunch. It's water-based instead of chapstick. It comes in a little mini toothpaste-esque tube. You just put a bit on your finger and rub into your lips and it's great.

• get chapstick that says "medicated" on it. its going t5o burn at first when you apply it... but its worth it. as long as your not allergic to sunscreen you should be fine putting them on

• Carmex is beast

What Girls Said 4

• softlips is a good lipbalm company. alo when you brush your teeth brush your lips lightly (too hard can make them hurt). you can also make your own lip scrub with sugar and honey and rub it on your lips.

• Burts...I don't have any but my friend has the softest looking lips ever.

• vaseline

• ew.. first of all stop biting.

moisturize them a lot. use pure vaseline or petroleum jelly in the morning and at night right before you go to bed. maybe in the afternoon too.

if you start doing this several times a day and stop biting you should notice a difference.