How to do my hair for a semi formal banquet? (using a curling iron or straightener)

I'm going on a trip and we have to attend a semi formal banquet while I am there. I am only bringing a 1 inch curling iron, a straightener, and a blow dryer but I also have many clips and hair pins/Bobby pins. I am wearing a black lace dress with a light pink liner under it and black heels. And my hair is medium brown, thick and down to a little past my boobs with layers and side bangs. Any simple ideas for how to do my hair? Thanks in advance :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm thinking a half-up do would be pretty :) completely curl your hair then put it half up like this link also works well with any type of bangs or part :)

What Guys Said 1

• Personal taste: I love curls. :-)

Do whatever is most different to what you normally do?

What Girls Said 3

• I'd try to curl it. If you don't like it then put it up. I love when my hair is curly and I put it up. It definitely gives it more character.

• Curl your hair using a straightener and then leave your bangs straight

• You could try looking up hairstyle tutorials for medium hair on YouTube. It should give you an idea of what to do with your hair for the banquet. :)