Do guys like tall girls?

It seems like guys are always looking for petite girls (like 5'4 and under). Do any guys look for taller girls? I'm 5'7 and I always get sh*t for being tall. I didn't even think I was super tall but all of my friends are around 5ft and it makes me feel sort of masculine.

What is the ideal height? Would you turn down a girl for being too tall? If you dated someone tall would you get upset with them for wearing heals?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to tell you a guy secret. Most guys including me feel intimidated or awkward around a girl that is taller than we are. It makes us feel manly being bigger and taller than you in many ways most of which us guys don't really think about, it's just subconsciously we always tend do go for girls shorter than us for these reasons. I'm not saying this is always true but just look around at all the couples you see and know and I bet that a great majority of the guys are taller than the girl in those relationships.

The good news for you is that there are many many men taller than 5'7", I'm 6' and 5'7" is short enough to attract me no problem. Also if you do happen to like a guy shorter than you there are certain things you can do to overcome this subconscious rule of attraction most of us guys seem to have. You can make the first move by starting a convo with the guy to show him your height is nothing to be intimidated by and that you're just as normal, feminine, and approachable as any other girl. If he sees your true personality and it matches what he's looking for it could cancel out the height issue for him. If you're not confident enough to start a conversation with a shorter guy then at least smile and make eye contact if you catch him looking your way to show him you're friendly and approachable.

What Guys Said 23

• I don't care about height at all in women. None whatsoever. Bra size and curves are insignificant criteria for me to judge the quality of a woman. I'll jump a woman who's six-feet-six if she will allow it. I do not have an ideal height to go by for women.

The problem is that tall women almost never go for shorter men for a variety of reasons I don't feel like discussing because they have already been mentioned.

Tall, short. A bit wide or scrawny. White or everything else(ASIANS!). Big boobs or flat. All are irrelevant to me.

• What you see as tall guys don't. You have to bear in mind that guys on average in the US are close to 6'0" so there's no difference on his end between a 5'4" girl and a 5'7" girl.

For the record I have no height preference whatsoever.

• haha you feel masculine at 5'7? Whatever you say Mr. mccollins. :P

Ideal Height? Right around 6'0 (which is my height) I like being at the same eye level as the ladies.

I wouldn't turn down a girl for being too tall (Ok, maybe if she was 7'0 I might).

I wouldn't get upset if I dated someone tall and they wanted to wear heals.

• Five foot is incredibly small, are you sure your male friends have stopped growing? There are plenty of taller men than you out there, so nothing to worry about. Besides, if the guy is shorter for some men that's a great thing for their ego!

I'm not picking up on how this has anything to do with Sexuality (where you posted it)? Isn't it better suited/more responses if posted under Dating? Just saying :-)

• Yes! I love it. Some guys have a particular thing for it. I love girls from all heights, though. As long as you're alright with someone being shorter than you, they should be alright with you being taller than them, and after that height's not that important.

• I really don't care one way or the other, but most guys seem to. People care about some really stupid sh*t sometimes.

• hellyes..tall girls usually mean tall and long nice legs...such a turn on lol

• There are many other ways how I rate girls, but height is not one of them.

It's quite irrelevant to me.

But if honest - if I had to choose I rather prefer a girl who is tall.

And I've nothing against heels - guys who may have something against tall girls wearing them got serious selfesteem issues!

• Makes no difference, what is important is proportion. If your legs are long in comparison to your body, even if you're short, men won't really care.

But, if you're taller than us, we might feel a bit awkward.

• Do I like them? Yes. I like all kinds of people. But, I would feel uncomfortable dating one. I could only date a girl that is shorter.

• Are you kidding? 5'7 is like the perfect height in my opinion. But Having said that, if I did turn a girl down, it definitely wouldn't be based on her height.

• possibly maybe tbh tallness or shortness never plaid a partb but personaslity p[lays everything ha ha but who cares I'm drunk as sheeeeet

• Love tall..one of my best gfs was 6'1"...you are always asking questions about your looks...I think you are hawt...I would be plenty willing to date you...if I wasn't married and about hundred years older than you.../:

• If it matters, the last girl I fell hard for was 5'9''.

• to put it simply no, I prefer shorter than me

• how is 5 7 tall?

but yes I like tall girls and I'm 6 1

• Your height sounds fine to me. I like taller girls. I am also taller so that might be part of it.

• My height or shorter is preferable. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if she was an inch or two taller than me, though.

• Well go for tall guys. I'm 6'1 and there's no way you would feel masculine standing next to me :)

• Guys like tall girls. Guys like girls of any height unless they are taller than the guy, since they know they don't stand a chance with the taller girl. Unlike girls, guys aren't really superficial with height.

• You always have something to bitch about don't you?

Guys like tall girls. Guys HATE girls who are never sure of themselves.

• I prefer you!

• I prefer that a girl does not exceed my height in heels.

What Girls Said 3

• I think guys like girls who are equal to or shorter than them height-wise. Otherwise they may feel intimidated or emasculated in some way, since they have an inherent desire to be more dominant than women. Like you, I used to wonder if a guy would ever be interested in me because I'm so tall. Let go of that thought, and concentrate on who you are as a person. That's what guys go for. There is hope for you yet!

By the way, I'm 6'1" and my boyfriend is 6'5".

• im 5'7 and I feel short lol. I actually never had issues with dating guys with my height mainly because I have only dated guys between 6'2-6'6. even shorter guys approach. I guess it all depends on the guy. sorry they give you sh*t for your height :)

• Sh*t girl, I'm 5'6" and I am still shorter than most of the girls at my uni.