What's up with metrosexuals these days?

When I grew up, guys didn't shave their legs - I can't get my head around why guys in general do this today. It doesn't look cool unless you are a serious body builder, otherwise you just look feminine. And the shorter shorts that are tight just emphasize the female form. Where the hell were these guys father figures growing up?

Please don't say they do it to feel cleaner etc, or something equally lame cos that's so pathetic/doesn't hold up.

I recently read that girls are starting to get seriously bored with metrosexuals vanity/appearance - guys always looking at their own reflection in the mirror, playing with their hair (even average looking metro types think they're hot these days it's hilarious). The article said girls are looking for masculine men who are a bit rough about the edges and less into themselves.

It would be nice to see a healthy red-blooded male balance come back - where girls into their appearance and guys are focused on the girls and how gorgeous girls look!

I get it's a style and a preference.

I totally agree if you're hairy you may want to seriously consider doing something.

What I don't get is males who "preen" their whole body and think they're Studly Doright.

I don't think chicks think a hairless male is more attractive to them as some guys may seem to think (just refer to other metrosexual posts on GaG for proof).

Sorry (Anonymous User) bro, if you think, I think you're a pu
I get it's a style and a preference. I totally agree if you're hairy you may want to seriously consider doing something. What I don't get is males who "preen" their whole body and think they're Studly Doright.

Sorry (Anonymous User) bro, if you think, I think you're a punk, I don't.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a trend along with gay worshipping. Many young women prefer gayish guys to manly men and guys know this, so they try to conform to what women want.

Why I married a Latina, they don't have this sort of idea, either in fashion, or in general...

What Girls Said 3

• I feel like people label any guy who dresses well metrosexual or gay. If he's wearing tight skinny jeans and guy liner I stay away from that, but otherwise I don't care.

• Its just their style and what they like. Just like how you like certain things, they like to be clean cut. Styles change overtime.

• Idk. Sometimes some guys are just too f'n hairy!

Guys want us to get rid of our extra hair!

So why do they think all women want to deal with thick gross body hair too?

What Guys Said 3

• You are so right, this metrosexual styles is sicking. I could not see how any woman would want to date a metrosexual guy becuase it would be like dating another woman. Metro guys are guys who are cloest gays.

• Metrosexual = false advertising gay.

• bro its a style and a preference..so who are you to judge? I do it cause it does indeed make me feel good about myself and beside chick love that sh*t. I pretty much shave every where on my body so does that make me a punk and less seen as a "father figure?" no I think not matter fact chicks seen me as more of an alpha male figure I the authority figure bro and talking about metrosexual and you reading vanity/appearance? lol funny bro

• bro you need to stop with the 'bro', kay bro?

• No real guy shaves his legs.

• I totally agree, what is up with that? Shaving your chest serves a function (too thick, too warm in Summer) but unless you are a competitive bodybuilder (and most guys doing this are slim to stick-slim) or you are an avid bicycle rider. Why do you do this? I think it's vanity, "thinking" it's sexy to women (you might get attention from gay men). If you say it makes you feel good - you have body/insecurity issues - your a MAN, not a woman!