Are some guys turned off by girls with muscles because it makes them feel self concious about their bodies?

I've heard quite a few guys insist that they find a female with abs and muscles unattractive. Why is this? Is this maybe because they feel insecure about their own lack of abs and muscles? Even in my own situation, I am looking to get more muscle. I've explained this to male friends I have who have huge muscles and they're like "Well you're a girl! You're not supposed to have muscles! Why do you want muscles?"

I want muscles because I think it's important to be strong. This world is chaotic and crazy; a girl has got to know how to protect herself! With not only mental strength, but physical strength. My mother raised me to be independent and self reliant. Apart of that mentality has come with being a very strong girl who can protect and defend myself. I want to be able to lift things on my own. I don't see why that would be a turn off. I plan on working out this year and putting some muscle on my skinny arms.

Why is that a turn off for guys? Girls, what is your opinion on this topic? If you have muscles, how have guys responded to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is the opposite for me, I love how muscle looks and feels on a girl.

• hmmm...bicurious? lol :P

What Guys Said 4

• I just don't like girls to be bigger than me, muscles, height, width, weight, whatever generally. Maybe this engrained idea that males are supposed to be physically stronger etc. on average. Just me personally. Tone is good, muscles, not good.

• a girl with muscles is always more self confident which is a big turn on for me...

but maybe I m not the right person to answer this question, because I like strong girls... I don't mean they have to have huge muscles, but toned muscles are pretty sexy :) and female strength is really attractive to me :)

• Muscular girls aren't very attractive. They just don't seem to fit the frame.

• A woman with some muscles is very beautiful

What Girls Said 1

• I have heard other girls describe girls with muscle development as butch, but I personally do not hold similar opinions. I personally think girls look best when they are a little toned, However, I have still have not formed an opinion on girls with significant muscle development. I am not sure what your situation is, but I think it also depends on the girl; Caucasians and African ethnicity girls often have larger physical frames than Asians so they can put more muscle on without it removing the femanine appeal of a girl. I think once you remove the femanine appeal of your body you risk isolating yourself from some males and females, but I am probably not the most knowledgeable on this topic.

• you make a good point! I am very girly, into fashion and doing cute hairstyles...I wouldn't want to lose my feminemity by gaining muscle.

• A woman with some muscles is a beautiful thing.