Do you look at people's eyes when they're talking to you?

I tend to maintain eye contact a lot, I just think it's manners but I will tone it down if I feel someone is getting uncomfortable, but I think I usually have inviting eyes so it rarely happens, so do you look into people's eyes a lot? plus looking at people's eyes is flirty sometimes haha

Most Helpful Girl

• that was a new year's resolution for me last year, to look at people when I'm talking to them. I try to not like stare them down so I look away occasionally, but yes I think I have been able to maintain appropriate eye contact and I've noticed that I feel more connected to people when I talk to them and also I agree, eye contact can get a little sexy/flirty if done right.

What Girls Said 15

• Yes but only because when I was younger my mother would scream "LOOK ME IN THE EYES WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!"

• It depends if I'm interested in what their saying but I do that as well - I almost always maintain eye contact if someone is talking to me.. it's proper manners, it usually means I'm interesting in what they're saying and engaged in the conversation.

• I try to look into people eyes when I talk to them, I really do, but I think it's somehow really personal and I tend to look everywhere else than their eyes, It's like I'm avoiding eyes contact... I get told that a lot, by friends and family and once my badminton trainer told me I did it too.

Well, I have to work on that! :P

• omg YES I look into eyes all the time.. hardly ever I don't if it's 1 on 1 talk.. just depends on what's going on and where I'm at.. but for the most part eyes.

• Usually yes,but when I'm talking to my crush/fwb,it's kinda hard to maintain eye contact. He's admitted he doesn't like it(I've gotten better. heh heh). Of course I can't tell him WHY. lol

• yeah lol to make it seem like I'm paying attention

• Yes! I thought I was the only one ha ha I always have to have eye contact when talking to someone. I feel like they're actually listening and sometimes you can figure them out if they can't look you in the eye lol. and yeah I agree it can be flirty :) haha

• I usually do but if they're like staring at me I can get annoyed fast.

• I think maintaining eye contact is great...uuhhhmmm, just done stare too long that could turn into a serial killer look...

lol...Im just saying

• Yes, when I talk to them, vice versa.. It lets them know that you're paying attention.

• sometimes, but sometimes no even though I know that's rude

• Yes, I maintain eye contact, but I look away once in a while as to not be creepy.

• absolutely, eye contact is so important

• i look into peoples eyes a lot I think its polite but also a lot of people think its weird like I'm staring at them or something :s

• Always. I love making eye contact. But if I'm with someone I'm attracted to it can be hard to maintain due to nerves, lol.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, I think it's a little irritating for the other person to have someone look everywhere EXCEPT at them. It's just a way to let them know you're paying attention and listening, plus you won't get distracted as easily. And like you said, it's just manners to look at people when they talk unless you're busy doing something at the moment.