Can you really tell if a woman is in good physical condition just by looking at her in clothes?

I for one cannot, even though I'm a part time personal trainer. A lot of women who 'look good' are just rail thin, they don't have any stamina or strength

PS..pleae rate the question. No one seems to ever rate health related questions!

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all! I'm a dancer, but besides dancing practice I don't do any other exercise - at all. I'm a weak little pixie. But I'm 105 lbs and look very in shape - but I wouldn't survive ten minutes in a gym.

What Girls Said 5

• I agree, it's pretty impossible to know someone's physical condition just by looking at them. People always think that I am more unhealthy than my friends, just because my friends are small. But they can barely do anything. My one friend gets winded just by running not even a block. Yet I am healthier, I eat well, exercise occasionally, and don't smoke. My friend sits on the couch all day, smokes and only eats junk food. I think many people confuse someone's size with being unhealthy. But look at many of the NFL players, lots of big guys there, but they work out regularly and are very strong, lots of muscle.

• no. big misconception.

for example there's a girl at work who is built like a pixie, just petit and tiny and gorgeous in skinny jeans, she is ALWAYS sick, whatever is going around, she catches it.

of my two best friends "julia" is by far the leaner skinnierone, but never excercises, and (as much as love her) is just amazingly unfit, you can't get her to do anything outdoors without her bitching the whole way and eventually collapsing on the ground like an asthmatic ant.

meanwhile "anna" looks much more solid,is about 15kg heavier than "julia" but is definitely WAY fitter and healthier. she runs everyday and we go hiking together up mountains no problem,

• No I don't think you can, really. Some people have small waist/slim builds but are so terribly out of shape its not even funny. So here's an even more interesting question Can people give off the ILLUSION that they're in good physical condition? Yes...and they do it quite well. :p

• NO! Not to bash any particular size but just because you are rail thin does not mean you have stamina whereas someone thicker may have more stamina and vice versa.

• nope you can't. I've seen many girls were skinny and looke fairly fit in clothes, but when you saw them in the showers you saw they had muscle at all kinda a flabby belly

What Guys Said 1

• Nope. One of my friends is not rail thin per say, but the woman has stamina to charge a whole army. I went to the gym once with her, in the end I was panting like a dog while she looked perfectly fine, she even said she could go on that crazy woman!