Can you like someone and not be physically attracted to them?

There's this incredible guy in school he's your typical football player nice, smart and gorgeous and I really really like him. and a couple of weeks ago he told me he reallllly liked me too and he asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday. But the thing is I don't think I'm pretty at all. He is my first boyfriend and I'm 16 and he's way too perfect for me. But I'll admit that my personality is pretty cool I watch football games with him and go to hooters. I fourwheel with him every weekend and I'm pretty much a nice cool funny girl to hang out with. So can he just like me for my personality and not the way I look?

Most Helpful Guy

• You need not worry about this,because he already asked you out.

One of good friends taste woman are quite different.When he thinks a girl is 10/10 I would think the girl is only 8/10.One time his girlfriend who I didn't find all that attractive was near us he just had to say it "Don't you think she looks cute" At that moment I had to say "Yeah she is cute"...anyways everyone is different,so what is attractive to one is not always attractive to another.

Be happy with him and good luck.

Later

What Guys Said 2

• Yes. Don't analyze it. You're overanalyzing. He asked you to be his girlfriend. (He really likes you).

I like a girl who I know other guys don't think is all that attractive but I think she is sooo beautiful and has an amazing smile. Just remember that everyone is different, and see's differently. Never think that "you're not pretty enough". Enjoy what is, enjoy that there's this great guy that really likes you and you like him.

• he asked you out didn't he?, he's obviously not as shallow as some guys are

What Girls Said 2

• You should have more self-confidence. Girls always do this (I do it all the time) say that they think they're ugly and in denial that a certain guy would like them. But I really believe beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you're always going to be attractive to one guy atleast. Of course people can be attracted to someone's personality but I think you need to be physically attracted to someone to ask them out.

• I don't think I can ... Sometimes I don't need to like him physically to be attracted to him but if he's ugly then there is no way I will ever like him.