Girls only! What made you start growing an interest in wearing thongs?

Well as I look more at advertisements now it seems like the only kind of panties they want girls to wear now is thongs (especially the age range of maybe 15-22). So what grew you interest into wearing thongs? Why do you wear them?

Only asking to understand a womens thoughts better.

So since it seems like panty lines seems to be a top answer... Are the lines a problem because you feel like it's embarrasing when others can see them or is there something else to it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Panty lines are pretty much the top answer because in my opinion panty lines are embarrassing for other people to see because they know what type of underwear you are wear. I guess I would compare it to a muffin top, you wouldn't want a muffin top to show, kind of similar.

Other than panty lines in yoga pants, spandex (volleyball), skirts. I wear them for comfort. I think that they are more comfortable than regular underwear, plus I think they are much cuter.

What Girls Said 11

• I really wanted to wear them when I was a kid like 10-13 but my mom wouldn't let me because she thought it was inappropriate. I bought some from the store when I was 13 and I didn't like them, I only wear them if my pants show panty lines but wearing thongs is like going without underwear and I go without underwear more than I wear thongs.

• My friend was obsessed with them and wouldn't stop bragging about wearing them (we were 13, okay), so I tried them. Hated them. So I can't exactly speak for people who wear them regularly, but I do think that she was influenced by the people in the media she looked up to at the time (Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, whatever). Her whole teenage life was dictated by them and it's the reason we drifted apart as friends.

Sorry for the ramble :P

• Haha no it's OK I see where your coming from kinda

• I HATE thongs. I will only wear them if my clothes show panty lines otherwise I never wear them

• i wear nothing but thong undies... I started weearing them when I was prety young... The cooler older girls wear talking about them so I wanted to try. I remember thinking they were not comfy at first but I wanted to feel sexy and mature so I kept on wearing them. Before too long I was hooked and haven't looked back since... They look good, they prevent vpl, and the are comfy so I see no reason not to wear them...

• I personally just like them best. to me, they are pretty comfortable. What brought me to them? Two things, curiosity and yoga pants. I hated underwear lines! Oh, and I thought I looked pretty good in em, haha. :)

• my interest grew when I was in high school, and a lot of my friends were wearing them. I wear them now because I find them to be the most comfortable underwear to wear.

• I started wearing them at 15 but that was only because I was wearing a tight skirt and I didn't want a panty line but now days I never wear them because I hate them they are so uncomfortable and dig in all weird around my hips.

• The majority of people I know (including myself) can't stand wearing thongs. I tried once, but it's really not comfortable.

Think about this: would you enjoy having a permanent wedgie?

• granny panties ftw ;)

• Idk I never liked them because they ride up but now its not that bad..they take up less space

• to hide panty lines

What Guys Said 0