Does anyone else not like being called "cute"?

I realize it's a compliment and that I should like it, but I just don't. It makes me feel like I'm a little kid or something. Am I alone in this?

Well, I'm not gonna lie, I figured this would be more of a guy issue. Just because I don't know that many guys who call women "cute," at least in public. So is it your crushes/dates/boyfriends/husbands who call you cute?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you're not alone. I guess being called cute is a compliment in one way or another. But yeah, when I'm being called it either means I look young or boyish and even though it can still be considered attractive, it's like a girl is telling you "I prefer somone who looks more manly, you just don't do it for me".

What Girls Said 9

• No, you're not. I have a guy friend who absolutely hates being called "cute." I think it's for about the same reason. Personally, I have never considered "cute" an appropriate word with which to describe a guy. I think because it does sound a little childish and makes me sound like a teenage girl with a crush, not an adult. Maybe it's just me though. :)

• Cute is for puppies.

• Im trying to be funny because that quote is something my ex. would always tell me, when I would tell him he is cute or adorable.

Though you beg to differ an opinion is an opinion.

• Meeee. (Raising my hand.)

• When guys call me cute it tends to sound condescending or cheesy. They're not talking about my looks, but about something I just did which they find "cute" or endearing. (SO they should use "endearing" or just stick to the nice hug, without the use of the word "cute.")

• I get that all the time, don't like it. It feels condescending even though it's not meant to be.

• I feel the same way

• I hate being called cute. No one wants to sleep with "cute" or paint pictures of "cute.

• I wouldn't mind it. It's a compliment and that's all that matters. I don't analyze it too much. Not everybody thinks little kid when they use or hear the word cute.

• I don't feel that way. But I'm just a goofy teen. I see where you may be coming from! You could sarcastically say- oh great, just like an 11 year old boy and make a joke out of it, to nicely ask them to NOT call you cute.

:)

• i get it a lot and I'm like dang I just want to be called something else no and then

What Guys Said 0