I want to look older. What can I do on my appearance?

I'm tired of my family saying or thinking that I'm 16yrs old, they say that I don't look my age, which is 21! I want to look older what can I do on my appearance. I'm short, 5'2" ,and I don't wear a lot of makeup, and I basically have like a baby face it really bothers me -_- and I basically wear my hair in a bun or side ponytail. I feel like a loser, that people always think I'm 16! Ugh it really frustrates me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have this problem, I'm 20 next month and I still get people thinking I'm 16. I don't know what to do. Its my face that makes me look young, I've got big eyes and a round face, so I think that might be why. I got my hair cut short once, like into a bob, and people said it made me look older, perhaps you should try that? Also wearing makeup to cover imperfections (if you have them) might help, since many people associate spots with being younger. Other than that, you could get your eyebrows shaped and thinned, since thick eyebrows are more youthful. You could also try wearing a little eye makeup. Personally, as much as I hate looking younger, as people have said, it will be good for when you get older and people still think you're young.

What Guys Said 3

• Being cute and having people think you are younger than you are can be as much an advantage as a disadvantage. Plus, you have plenty of time to look old and get respected.

• when you get older it will be a good thing that people think your younger then you really are. So get used to it now

• I personally find it really cute when they have a younger looking face

What Girls Said 4

• If you hate it so much, let your hair down, or wear darker makeup. Wear fitting clothing that accentuates your womanly body shape. Side buns and ponytails look cute and high-school like so that might be the reason people assume you are 16. :P

And you should embrace your youth. It doesn't last forever so I see no reason to be unhappy about it. I'm sure many older women would love to trade their most valuable possession for what you have. Embrace it and take advantage of that! =) Goodluck!

• Hey! What's wrong with being 16? :P

Anyway, I think that you should be appreciative, that means you won't show your age as much as other girls, and I think guys will recognise that. If you have a cute face I think you will see more benefits relating to this as you get older.

• Well you shouldn't hate it, I am 27 and some people think I look 17 lol I wanna kiss them...

But anyway let me help with style

Wear suits with jeans and shirts a 16 wear old wouldn't wear that

Wear heels and let your hair long and in a sexy style not a girlie one...

Use more structured clothes like vest and suits And mach it with jeans

Just Thank God you look that young

• Start wearing makeup and wear your hair down, and get it styled in a sophisticated cut..maybe layers or angles or something to spice it up and make it more mature.

Also make sure you dress mature.

I have a "mature body" and a youngish face. I'm 20 and while some people do think I'm in my early 20s some have mistaken me for 16-18 too. But all the older men seem to LOVE my young doll face mature body combo. Having a youthful face isn't a bad thing, you may still look younger when you are older and at that point you will appreciate it!