Why do girls like tall guys?

I am 6 foot 2, but I hate being as tall as I am. It makes me feel very awkward and I don't really like it. I don't understand why women like tall men. Thank god I've never been with a woman so I don;t have to know the feeling

Most Helpful Girl

• im short - 5'3 and I like guys around 5'10-6'1, I think its really attractive. sometimes it can get out of hand. I knew a kid in my school who may have been 6'4'' or over and I wasn't attracted to him at all, although that wasn't completely because of his height. I could find guys over 6'1 attractive and considering a lot of athletes are tall as sh*t, I probably have. they may not be interested in me though, since I'm like a freakin munchkin compared to that. 6'4 is like an entire foot taller than I am lol tall guys in the range I gave above tend to love short girls though. I don't know why, but they do.

anyway my reason for my preference:

it makes sex more fun

tallness is masculine and sexy

the feeling of protection

how I can fit into their arms

they seem more dominant in that respect

i love how easily they can pick me up and carry me

i love reaching up and standing on my tippy toes to kiss him, so cute

good genes, in the event that we ever have kids. both of my parents are short, so I'm short. yeah...

i find a lot of shorter guys cute too, usually nothing below 5'7 though.

What Girls Said 7

• Many Asian girls seem to find height really important too. I don't get it either. Personally I think tall is good if you have a build on you. Of course with some people it's not possible for medical reasons, but if a tall guy can do it, they should.

Anyway to get to your point, I don't think tall guys should have any reason to feel awkward and I don't think short guys should either, people vary in height it really doesn't matter. In my opinion however, both guys and girl benefit from recognising the right level of mass and muscle suitable to their body type and bone structure. I really hope this post didn't sound too offensive.

• It helps make me feel more feminine. I'm short- 5'1 but am stocky, so to be with a tall guy makes me feel so much smaller.

• wait, you've never been with a woman so you don't have to know the feeling? I don't understand that part. But height isn't really a requirement for me when it comes to dating. I do like guys when they are tall because 1. in some way it makes you seem more mainly and protective and 2. (which is my biggest reason) I wear heels. tall heels. Guys and girls both tend to get insecure when the girl is taller than the guy. But I love my heels.

• While not all tall guys are attractive, a tall attractive guy has more going for him than a short attractive guy, generally speaking.

Makes us feel protected.

I'm 5'2 1/2 but I think 6'2 is great! I think my guy is a tad taller than 6'0...I think he told me because he recently went to get a check up at the doctors. I think he said 6'1, can't remember but yeahhh I digress

• What? Lord, I've never heard such talk. Tall men are SEXY. 6'2" is gorgeous. You should be proud of your height. Tall men naturally glean respect. Girls love tall men because they are biologically inclined to seek out a man who can be a protector as well as a provider. Tall men are more likely to be better protectors

• tall men are more likely to be better protectors? no that doesn't make any sense and please give me the article or whatever you have from that finding. I'll disprove it right now. 1. A man who has an amazing intelligence can provide for his family but not necessarily be tall. 2. A more built or perhaps "trained" man can protect his woman better than a man that's just tall.

• Idk... I've seen lots of girls that seem to like the Justin beiber types now. Those skinny medium height guys.

• I don't like skinny guys

• i love tall guys but that's because I'm kinda tall for a girl but I find tall guys sexier

• It is biologically proven that women like taller men better. I think it makes them seem more dominant and manly

What Guys Said 2