Is it true that no one really cares how high your IQ is if you are beautiful?

Is it true that no one really cares how high your IQ is if you are beautiful? Do looks go over brains?

Most Helpful Guy

• Eh I mean if you are beautiful great :) but if we are having a conversation and I have to be repeating myself and explaining myself to like if you were a child that would be a problem. I don't do hook ups, I am more of a relationship one woman kind of guy and if we are to be in a relationship you have to inspire me (beauty can do that I suppose) or spark my imagination (wits will do that for you). I don't care if you are Sophia Loren or Bettie Page, if you ain't got their wits you ain't got me. Interesting fact: Bettie Page was the salutatorian of her high school graduating class :D

What Guys Said 16

• No, I couldn't date someone who couldn't challenge me intellectually on some level. I'm not very athletic or anything, so my challenges have always been mental, and that's where I put more value, so if someone couldn't provide a mentally stimulating conversation every once in a while, I'd be pretty turned off to dating them, regardless of how attractive I found them physically.

• Some people will care and some people will not care. To call them shallow isn't really right, because you can't really change the way you feel about people. To my knowledge, however, most guys with their heads screwed on tightly and have something going for them in life hold a great appreciation/attraction towards a woman's intellect.

• Sort of, but intelligence doesn't fade till your mid 80's, so there's a good chance you'll be relying on it at some point.

• It all depends on maturity. Guys who have been around the block once or twice know that girls with no brain are not worth one minute of their time. I don't think anything is more unattractive then the "blonde bimbo". Its the kind of girl you dance with at the club, maybe even have sex with, but definitely wouldn't date or hangout with.

• ?

the most successful people I know are both intelligent and attractive.

once you group up out of college, people in the professional world recognize hard work, discipline and a sharp mind... but good looks help sway you to get management positions and higher pay

• For one night stands: Yes

For relationships: they can compensate, but there are limits. For instance, I'd never date Kelly Bundy.

• If you're freaking hot and you keep your mouth shut most of the time, yes. If it's a longterm relationship, you need to have enough intelligence to be able to carry on a conversation, or rich enough not to have to.

• Totally inaccurate for me. If you are dumb as a brick, I get turned off really fast.

I go for both looks and brains.

Other guys not so much.

• usually yes

• It is true. The beauty is so overwhelming that little consideration is given to IQ level.

• Depends, I honestly can't see myself dating a woman with a really low IQ.

• Not for a relationship no

• Not true for me.

• Who is telling you this?

A good looking person or an intelligent person?

• Really depend on what you're talking about. If you're flying the plane, I don't particularly care how hot you are, but I prefer you not be a moron. If you're hanging out in a bikini, I'm probably less interested in talking about quantum physics.

• Absolutely. The only difference in thought that eventually, no matter how hot a girl is, some guy, somewhere, is sick of her and her stupid sh*t, and doesn't want her.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes

Looks can take a pretty girl farther than any amount if intelligence could take an average or ugly girl. There are exceptions (ex: Oprah) but women like her are far and few in between.

How many times do you hear a dude rave about a girls intelligence? "Whoa, that girl is so intelligent I can't wait to ask her out!"

Fact is, a high IQ =/= intelligence nor does it equal a great personality.

From both my personal life an even observing the media, it's become quite clear that beauty is more valuable over intelligence. An beauty dumb girl will ALWAYS be chosen over an average/ugly intelligent girl. However, there are guys who will like/date/marry an unattractive intelligent girl. But no one seeks an ugly person as a potential partner.

Most guys aren't focused in intelligence like girls like to think...

People who think ONLY smart or intelligent girls are able to get bfs/husbands need to get out more. I know girls like to tell themselves guys ONLY like smart girls but that's not the case, or Q's like this wouldn't be asked.

Dumb, intelligent, ugly or pretty, there's some dude out there for everyone.

• Handsome guy or intelligent guy, who do you choose?

• Sorry, I didn't read what I put.

I support equality but I'm not big into women's rights, meaning I'm not actively involved and have no intentions of doing so. I myself happen to not be big into it, it's not a passion of mine

• And you can question my gender all you'd like but it's really pointless. Since I am female and one user has seen a halfass pic of me

• If I feel I have to dumb down my vocab just to compensate for a guy then no it would never work. I would get annoyed and we would break up. I want someone I can talk to and have a good conversation. :)

• i think it comes down to whether it's a hookup or a relationship. in a hookup, it doesn't matter the IQ level since you'll only be with them for like 3 hours. relationships take work, and you can't be good in a relationship if you've got no brain.

• It depends on the people you are a around and the situation, In my case my looks get people's attention but my intellect gets people to respect me and I feel the same way towards the opposite gender their looks will catch my attention but their intellect will gain my respect and keep my attention.

• I think it has a certain degree of truth to it.

• I don't really care how high the IQ is, as long as I can have a great conversation with I'm good but I do not want a dummy