Why do girls call guys a**holes for not liking fat girls?

Its not hard to stay in shape. You can give me all the excuses that its harder for females then males... but when I go to the gym and see 90% guys and mostly guys running on outdoor trails those excuses get thrown out the window. Girls say stuff like " I can't date a guy less than 6'0 even though she's only 5'5" when I hear that I think OK cool she has a preference, its a little shallow but whatever. (I'm 5'10 so you know) But when I say I don't like girls with a BMI over 23/24 (I'm guessing) I get shot down by girls for being shallow and an a**hole. OK really? One thing you can change, one thing you cant! Plus being overweight says something about your lifestyle. I love working out and running. Obviously my lifestyle wouldn't fit that of an overweight girl. Height has nothing to do with lifestyle but girls will mock short guys who complain about how girls are shallow for not looking at any guy less than 5" taller then her. bit of a double standard?

Most Helpful Girl

• the girls who say that are probably fat. that's why.

your not an a**hole for not liking them, as long as your not disrespectful to women you don't find attractive.

What Girls Said 13

• Well that is understandable if you don't like big girls (I don't say fat because It sounds horrible.) The bmi you listed would be normal/healthy weight. And people look best when they are healthy. The reason girls say you're an a**hole for not liking big girls is because they are probably big girls themselves, I know when a guy tells me he doesn't date bigger girls it makes me feel bad because I feel unattractive but luckily hope is not lost and I can lose weight. I wouldn't mind being with a guy who is overweight because I am too and it would be stupid to only go for guys who are in good shape when I myself am not.

I understand if you only like healthy in shape girls, but please don't be mean to bigger girls. I've been ridiculed for my weight by guys since middle school and it's really taken a toll on my confidence. We do have feelings too and are humans. I see all the time people tossing around words like fat cow and fatties etc like we aren't even human beings. I don't condone being overweight/obese at all but we are humans too.

• I wasn't aware I did this :P Thank you for the alert.

Aside from that, one thing is to not like fat girls for yourself and not find them attractive and another thing is to be condescending. And height and weight, as you said, ARE comparable but not the same. So this "my height" and "her weight" thing isn't really a fair connection. If it were "my weight/height" "her weight/height" it would be a better comparison and showing of a double standard.

Lets pretend I have an ugly face that you dislike and wouldn't date. Lets pretend you're 6'11 and I dislike your height. Neither can be changed, we might call each other asses for not liking the other but its not quite the same and cannot successfully be applied to what legitimately qualifies as a 'double standard.'

But I agree, this tossing around of "shallowness" is getting really annoying. You can't help what you like and you shouldn't be negatively judged for it.

• your not an a**hole for saying it, your brutally honest. I do agree that your weight can show your life style but for some fat people there is a medical condition (in some rare cases) that causes them to gain weight and not be able to keep it off! In those cases they are not extremely obese but they do have extra fat that they wish get rid of. Yes there are MANY who are just too lazy to get off their butt and get moving but not all. As for you getting called an a**hole there is no need those same fat people have certain "standard" they want their significant other to have. Often that includes being "skinny" that's the funniest part! :)

• I don't consider myself fat, but I will say. One of the problems is that girls are really self concious. The media tells us that we are not beautiful if we are not skinny, and that can be waring on some girls. I actually don't look down on you for feeling this way. You don't have to date a fat girl if you don't want to and are not attracted to them, that's completely fine. But try not to make girls feel bad about themselves. They honestly don't need any more pressure.

• ok I get what your saying, I never make fun of the way a girl looks. but understand you girls aren't exactly easy on guys either. why are there so many guys around me taking steroids? Or theyre paranoid that theyre 5'6...

• first of all I have always been overwieght and it wasn't because of me... my dad would make me eat even after I would cry daddy I can't eat anymore I am full... that was when I 1st started to gain... at school people made fun of me and then that would only make me eat more... for me I ate when I was upset... and I know that now that only made things much worst for me then it was... but as far as calling another name because I was called fat I didnt

• Because no one wants to feel ugly and undesirable.

Fact is, most guys aren't chubby chasers and aren't into fat girls, but there are *some* who are OK with it or even attracted to them. But they realize they aren't desired in general so it only re-affirms the truth, a truth which is painful to hear.

Weight and height can't be compared. Male weight is the equivalent to female weight. The height situation is no different than guys saying they prefer short girls.

Shallow and superficial are thrown around too easily

• haha I don't think guys are a**holes for saying this. my boyfriend does it all the time. and I think its fricken hilarious. I personally think and I'm probably going to get a whole bunch of hate stuff for this, but fat people do have control over their weight and yeah it does say a big part of your life style. I don't feel sorry for fat people. and yes girls are just as shallow when it comes to guys being short, it doesn't bug me because my boyfriend is shorter than me so I could care less. everyone has their shallow parts to them.

• i see nothing wrong with that. it'ss your decision for what you do and don't like. if you don't like a girl because she isn't a twig that's a little shallow but if you don't like her because she's unhealthy then that's completely understandable. that mens she doesn't take care of herself. and no one wants to be with someone who doesn't take care of themself because then how are they ever going to care for you

• The majority of girls think they're fat, that's why.

• Is the girl actually fat? because I have heard some guys think girls having curves is fat.

• I don't think most girls do. but I think people need to be realistic

• Same reason that guys call girls shallow bitches when they want a man with toned muscle.

• thats totally different...

• He definitely is not overweight. Ha. He is 6'1 and 210 lbs, he goes to the gym a lot. Not a flabby body part on him. . well.. sides when his friend isn't turned on. But really, he is a lot of muscle, just not too defined. If that makes sense. Haha. I am 5'11 and 130lbs. We are a trim couple. link link

• link link

Ha, nooot overweight. Unless you think everyone is suppose to be like 100lbs, no matter how tall they are.

• They probably sense your douchebag-assness from your tone of voice, words and stance.

• I don't go out of my way to judge a girls looks out loud, neither do I make fun of a girls looks.

• His douchebag-assness wouldn't set off such high levels of pisstivity IF the fat girl would lift some weights instead of boxes of fried chicken wings. And then complain about thinner girls and how easy they have it.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm with you on your question. It is a bit unfair the way girls are so quick to yell shallow at men for not liking certain types of girls wheras women tend to be even pickier themselves.

But...you go a bit far into it there. For some people it is hard to stay in shape. Some people are naturally pretty big.