Girls, why do you think we favor tall men?

Idk why. I try not to be like that and have dated short guys too.

But honest to God, my mother has always put down short men my whole life. She said they have basically a short man's complex and need to be loud so they can be seen, are extremely bossy, etc (sadly that is true sometimes...).

I even said to her what if I married a short man. She didn't like that.

I don't remember exactly what she said about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, talk guys make me feel protected and safe and I imagine doing some wacky ass positions(height doesn't necessarily affect it though). Plus, it's fun cuddling with a bigger guy :P

Short guys tend(from my experience) to have the whole Napoleon Complex thing going on. I know, a generalization but the few short older MEN(30's) I've known in my life have it. And it's even somewhat evident on here at times. Not all short guys have it, but I've witness guys who happen to have it.

But not all girls like tall dudes. There are plenty of girls who like shorter than average guys or who do not mind dating a guy who is shorter than them or who do not have a height preference.

What Guys Said 4

• It's certainly no secret that most short men are racists and homosexuals. Why would anyone want one?

• I've noticed in most couples I observe that the male is always at least a 'head' taller than the female.

So I'm assuming the following definitions:

Short = same height or shorter

Tall = at least a head taller

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

• We don't have a complex, we gotta be tougher to get the same respect as taller men. This is something you will never understand. Bossy? Nah.

• It's simple evolutionary psychology, miss. You falsely believe that a taller male will better protect you and your offspring.

Your mother sounds mentally ill, though.

• Just like men falsely subconciencely believe from a womans body same that she will be more fertile, etc...

• No, you can't disagree with fact. It isn't subjective. Go and read that book, The Red Queen, then get back to me.

• Can say that everything you read or hear is not true and even if it is somebody still won't pbelieve it and you can't make them.

Look how some people feel about God, Jesus, the Bible... even the Holocaust!

SO much is written, and evidence and people still deny them...

What Girls Said 4

• I know I favor tall men because I feel like I don't overpower them! lol I'm a tall, athletic girl so I need a taller, stronger guy to make me feel protected. I like looking up to a man too. Just what I find attractive.

• b/c he's bigger than other guys? makes you feel smaller in comparison to him? just looks good

• It makes me feel like a real woman.

That's really it. I want to be held in his arms, and not him in mine. I've dated guys my height and have had some interested in me-- the height does make a difference. Personality wise? I don't see much of that. Maybe when they're older and bitter, like her age maybe?

• I notice tall Men because of their arms . I think WOW ! All that arm span wrapped around me. :) But I am dating a man who is 5'6'' and he gives me the BEST hugs ever!