Long hair vs short hair?

rive had longish hair my whole life pretty much and I want to change something about my appearance drastically. my hair is dark brown and long I'm thinking of dyeing it red and cutting it very short and choppy what do you think guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• depending on your face I think short hair can make you look cute or more mature. the best short hairstyle in my opinion is a bob with the front longer than the back. though everyone I know of who has cut their hair from long to short including myself has regretted it and wanted to grow it long again and tries for years. I think long hair is sexier but I think it depends on what you're going for. if dramatic change is your only aim than cutting your hair short shouldn't be a problem and I think that as long as you know how long it will take to grow it back and you're willing to risk it than go for it. also I think that red is bold and can look hot if it works for your skin tone so make sure of that before you dive in.

What Guys Said 6

• I love long dark hair, that's what my girlfriend has and whether it is straight or curly I always think it looks cute (and I get to brush it out of her face which I love doing because It gives me an excuse to get close to her face). If I was you I would leave it as is. Plus you have to consider if you don't like it how long it will take to get it back to the way you like it.

• But the good part is that its YOUR HAIR. Do whatever you think you will like. You are the one that lives with your decision either way whether it is keeping your hair long and wishing you had changed it, changing it and wishing you hadn't or liking whatever choice you make. Just make sure you think it through before you change something about you that will be hard to recover.

• Runnng from the law, or in wtness protection? People who know you will get a laugh out of this at your expense.

• while choppy short red is one of my fave combos, I dated a girl who did and she regretted losing all her hair and she is still working on growing it back.

• Red is hot..but I like dark brown as well...I prefer longer hair...but not a deal breaker at all... I haven't had a woman with long hair for a LONG time..including my wife of 16 years...lol..hers is very short...(:

• Don't cut it, you could dye it red, but don't cut.

• do it

What Girls Said 6

• You have to be sure that that's what you want before you do anything drastic. Also make sure you can change it if you don't like it. I think you should opt for a different color. Dyed red hair is hard to maintain. The color looses its intentness very quickly as well as you can always tell when its dyed red hair.

• I have long hair and I think I am like you in that I have had it for a such a lengthy period, I keep wondering if I should shorten it. I would recommend before you cut, play around with it and try to visualise what you would look like with it short, because changes in your hair can bring about other unexpected changes in your appearance that can be good or bad.

• i love short choppy hair (I did the same long-to-short thing about a year ago and I loved it) but if you're gonna go red,please go ginger,not dark red.

• Actually I once dyeing red and then it is easily to lose the color~ lol I think long brown hair in nice, but short red hair is better for you, And for the new year, maybe new hairstyle can give your the whole year luck~ so I support you to cut short & dye red~ Red is cool~

• personally I prefer long hair. but if you wanna have a change, then do it!

• Don't just don't