Girls, do you have any pair of shoes/heels that hurt your foot...?

I've like three pairs that hurt my foot if I'm wearing them for a long hours,even the expensive one.I only have few comfortable shoes and heels that don't hurt my foots AT ALL!

I really wonder why would some shoes hurt our foots so much.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep. When you try them on in the store they are deceptively comfortable, then after you wear them for a few hours if feels like your feet are going to fall off. Also, the dreaded "wearing in" of shoes. *Shudders* I get lots of Party Feet (little squishy pads that you put on the heel/sole/etc of the shoe) and hope for the best.

• Exactly lol ! I remembered when I tried it at the store,it feels good and comfortable but when I wear them for a long hours damn it hurts like hell...So I need to use the party feet huh to avoid my foots from getting hurts?

• Yup, they help a lot. Also, make sure you wear new heels just around the house or whatever to get used to them before you go out - they'll be much better.

• Thanks for the tips =D

What Guys Said 6

• Many pairs of riding boots I've owned were the same way. They're built for a purpose, just like your high heeled shoes, and just like your high heeled shoes, they sacrifice comfort to be good at that purpose. You just kind of have to accept it if you worry about that purpose. But just like there are some pairs of riding boots that can be comfortable for all day wear I'm sure there are some heels that are comfortable for all day wear.

• I'm gonna agree with the statement "sacrifice comfort to be good" lol...

• I ended up going through a few pairs of boots before I found a pair of riding boots that actually fit well and were comfortable. Figures they were by a pretty high end Italian brand lol.

• yeeeeap I got some super super nice shoes that scratch the skin of the back of my foot(leather is too hard). Moral of the story is get new shoes with better quality material.

I don't know what it is for girls but for my when I wear really nice dress shoes, the ones that hurt my feet have all the same problem:

The quality of the leather on the back. If the leather is somewhat pliable you're all good, but if it's rock solid your foot will bleed after one night out.

That's all assuming the fit is near perfect though, if the fit is bad then you also have a problem.

My solution is to wear nice boots when I'm getting dressed up.

For heels I think you might run into the problem of the heel of the shoe driving into your foot and bruising the underside. A good option is simply gel pads.

Otherwise I've never worn heel so I don't know how to spot good from bad ones.

• Ha ha. Foots. How cute...

• Stop torturing those poor tootsies..they're the only pair you will ever own! ...O:O

• Feet. Anywho, not all shoes are made for everyone to wear. They might be too small since women want to put on cute shoes not expensive Ronald McDonald shoes.

Besides, shoes and painting your toenails are mainly for other women to admire.

• I don't talk about painting toenails here and I don't really get what you mean by for "other women to admire"

• Obviously you didn't buy the shoes to go running in so they are for looks. Most guys don't pay attention to what shoes a woman is wearing. Nor do they tend to notice what color they paint their nails. Shoes are generally purchased for other women to be jealous and comment on.

The area it hurts will better solve the problem. Arches and toes could be too high of heels. Big and little toe are for shoes that are too narrow.

WebMD or link

• Because you girls don't buy shoes for comfort. You buy them because they look pretty, you think they'll match a pre-existing outfit, or some other such fashion based crapola.

The only women who seem to buy shoes for comfort, seem to be lesbians like Ellen DeGeneres. (Sensible sneakers, never complained about a sore foot.)

Men do the same. We buy for comfort. If you women could master this simple strategy, you'd be fine.

• We do buy for comfort.I don't know what girl are you talking about.I don't use beautiful shoes for guy's attention.Most of us feels good while trying it in the store but ended up getting hurt when walking for a long hours soon.

What Girls Said 16

• Pretty much any pair of heels - 4 hours plus - hurt my feet. I mean like proper heels, I wear like 2/3 inch heels in the day.

But yeah when I'm wearing heels - if it's for a long time, no matter how big the platform, wide the heel, or deceptively comfortable they were when I put them on, the balls of my feet always end up hurting at some point.

• So it's normal to feel hurt after a long hours?

• pretty normal yeah. I know all of my friends have the same issue when we've been out for a night out. Normal - but not necessarily good for your feet ya know.

• Yeah I know...Thanks for that : )

• Not anymore. Nowadays I buy for both comfort and style and if a shoe - no matter how good it may look - doesn't fit the "comfort" criteria then I won't purchase it.

Personally, I learned my lesson about 2 years ago; I had this gorgeous red pair of high-end heels and I wore them out to this one event I had to attend. Anyways, the first hour was fine, but every second after that my feet were in so much pain. I didn't realize how bad it was until I finally got home and took them off. There was a fair amount of blood considering, and I had huge noticeable scars on my feet for the next year and a bit. After that incident, I vowed "never again".

• it must be so hurt...sorry to hear that.Its pretty hard to find comfortable shoes actually.When we try it in the store it feels fine but when we walk with it for a long hours it hurts like hell...

• I own over 100 pairs of heels and the majority of them hurt my feet after a while but they look good, it nearly impossible to find heels that are comfortable for long hours unless they have some platform at the front or the heel is only about 3-4 inches :)

• I think every girl has shoes that hurt their feet.. it could be because they are made out of thicker materials or even different materials. Could also be the straps are different or the shapes different.. sometimes I have to chose certain shaped shoes to stop it hurting

• I won't buy a pair of shoes if they don't fit my feet right. I have a couple pairs I'll throw a band-aid on the back of my ankle first, but that's the extent of discomfort I'll put up with.

That said, I was walking around in my friend's 7" (with a platformed front) heels...and I really didn't have a hard time of it. I don't don the heels often as I usually walk to campus/work and back in crap weather, but I seem to have a high heel endurance.

• I have, but I don't use them since I rather wear ugly shoes than ones that kills my feet.

Everyone's feet are different, just like body types. One brand might make shoes that fit's feet that are broader and some that are thinner, some that have an higher arch and some that are more flat. Everyone might walk differently too. I tend to wear my left shoe more than the right one so there is a lot of factors to why a shoe would feel uncomfortable. :)

• Yeah I do they all end Up brusing My feet I Don't know If that's the word for it, some shoes are Good just to wear in An inside enviroment or just to use sitted down lol... But I do have some comfortable ones... Some are confortable for the first 30 min than it isnt...

Most of My shoes have heels but are wedges...

• Yes they only feel good for the first hour...wedges are more comfortable than shoes/heels...

• All my summer shoes mainly the flats give me blisters but my boots are fine because I wear like 2 pairs of socks.

• Yea,I only wear them when I'm going to a party/Wedding and places like that.

Daily,I wear comfortable shoes.

• Sounds like the hurt one are beautiful than the comfortable one XD

• lol,they all are seriously fine but my comfortable shoes are more for casual clothes,they don't go with the dresses and I'm not a big fan of heels even though they are more beautiful,I find them uncomfortable.

• Okay, first of all the plural of foot is feet.

Second, it is because the sturcture of the shoe. Some shoes are made to be more comfortable than others. It also has a lot to do with what materials the shoes are made of.

• I only have 2 pairs of heels, but but either pair I'm only good for around 2 hours. After that I usually go barefoot unless I'm wearing them for someone.

• i prefer flats than heels. so my shoes does not hurt my foots. maybe becasue you did not choose the fitted shoes when you buy it.

• It might be the shape of your foot - some people are just more uncomfortable in shoes (any shoes) than others. It depends.

Other than the shape of your foot, have you tried Steve Madden? They make crazy high heels that somehow are always still comfortable to me.

• yeah I do. buy inner soles at the drugstore, they help. some are cheap brands and poorer quality. like, my cheap shoes from some no name store that are not real leather are a lot less comfortable than my similar steve madden ones or zara ones, that are just as tall AND don't have any sole in them.

• Practically every pair of heels that I own hurt after I've worn them for a while.

• lol every? That must be suck...I've one that hurt me the most...i rarely wear them even tho they are beautiful...

• Really? FEET. Only one pair.