If a guy dressed eccentrically would you be more likely to disregard or avoid him? Or would it make you more...

If a guy dressed eccentrically would you be more likely to disregard or avoid him?

OR

Would you be more inclined to approach him?

Like for instance my style takes bits and pieces from the Victorian era steam punk look like gadgets on top hats or brass knuckle rings ( link ). I also like snazzy and classy 1920s-1960s mens wear:

link

link

link

Let's just say I am not afraid to wear clothes that I find cool, even though my friends have raised an eyebrow or two. I rock the clothes, the clothes don't rock me.

So what would run through your mind of such a person?

• I would avoid them they are a bit intimidating.
  • I would approach them, they are too interesting.
  • I would avoid them, their style is not my thing.
  • I would approach them, what they wear doesn't really matter to me.
Ok how about instead of approaching would you ever consider them if they approached you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't avoid them. If we're in the same setting and have to have interaction then of course I'd interact with them. I'd find them interesting and probably fun. But otherwise honestly I'd assume that the person is not approachable just because I feel like that person would be stand offish towards me or wouldn't want to interact with me. From experience, people who dress differently don't want to communicate with me and would rather be left alone. But if the person approached me I'd be open to talking to them. As for dating, not really my type.

What Girls Said 13

• If someone has a cool sense of style like that I would be likely to approach them or respond well if they approached. I lovethe vintage menswear look and I think I would like your friend's steampunk style. Only thing is not to go overboard like in that picture, two or three of those statement pieces would be good :) but those guys seemed to be at a convention or something, not daily wear. Keep up the awesome style :) I love vintage/romantic clothing myself so to see a guy wearing old style things like me would make me think we could be compatible

• I think someone with that sort of style is worth talking to, regardless of who approaches whom. It gives an opportunity for conversation if there is nothing else to make a comment about, and how you've described yourself says to me that you're an interesting individual with or without the awesome clothes and accessories.

• honestly if I didn't know him or know of him I'd think he's weird but probably easy to talk to. weird people tend to be either really bitchy or really cool to talk to. but I don't think I'd see him in a sexually attractive way unless the guy under the clothes was really good looking to make up for such an avant garde look. but this question is kinda void because I don't approach men at all anyway

• I would probably not approach them because I'd be intimidated. But guys who have a unique sense of style are definitely interesting to me - much better than the guys who wear silly hipster clothes and they all look alike.

• i adore the victorian gentleman look :)

• Ok the hat thing turns me off but I love a man in a suit, its kind of a fetish of mine :l

• what they wear doesn't really matter to me but sometimes its what makes me attracted to that person like the guy in the 3rd link that's dressed like the tbird style I love that style and that's what I'm most attracted to but I find its more the person behind the clothes then the actual clothes itself

• Yes I know personality is very important :) but this was a more of a first impression type of question. I wanted to see how many people at first glance would be like "na-ah" :o as apposed to "ah-ha" :D

• well I would say ah-ha

• I don't know. I wouldn't be interested dating-wise. But I like hanging out with odd/weird people, but I don't know if I'd approach him. Depends on his vibe.

• I would like to chat with them to see if they are as interesting as their choice of clothing.

I would like to befriend them before I made any other moves, but I try to give everyone a chance, If I am feeling it than sure if not then just friends :]

• There should be an option saying: "I'm a girl, I don't do the approaching". :P

• I would consider any guy that has a nice smile and charming personality, regardless of what they are wearing. But I'd prefer it if he spoke normally without a strange accent. But to be honest, the clothing you've shown looks a bit high-maintenance. I would prefer it if a guy wore casual clothing.

• Hahaha I have a normal American accent I don't know if you'd find that strange.

And no I am not high maintenance if that's what you are wondering, I just don't find it fair that girls get a large verity of snazzy clothes while guys get jeans and tee shirts nothing against them, I do wear casual clothes but I add my own spark, I don't go all full out cosplay. :]

• Haha, American accents are cool. =)

And you sound pretty cool to me. I like guys that are unique and adding just a spark is fine imo. :)

• I'd say you look snazzy. :3

• well if they are dressed like the victorian era then I can approach them. but if they are dressed like link one then no.. that would be too crazy a style for a boring person like me...

• TBH I would avoid, find it weird.

What Guys Said 1

• Its better to really impress 5% of women then have 90% think you look 'okay'. Just saying ...

• Agreed :)

I just wanted to see the opinion of girls on here.

And I have befriended and dated some of those 5% you speak of, great women.