Guys, how important is the appearance of a girl?

Is it really important that a girl has to be thin and pretty for you to like her? Or what do you guys think is the most important?

So, like, how does a pretty girl look like?

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks draw us in, personality keeps us there. Thin, I'd pass. I prefer to be the skinny one in the relationship. What's the most important... intelligence. Nothing like a girl who is just as witty back. :D

• @Update: Guys who have narrow faces will go for women who have round faces. It is genetic really since we don't want to be with someone that looks like they are related to us. What I find attractive, other guys wouldn't. To each their own.

Example: I find women in sweat pants (Yoga pants especially) dead sexy. Not sure why, it is just comfy and inviting. :) Some guys would be put off by the choice of clothes.

• I thought I was the only one who thinks it's sexy when a girl wears sweatpants. I especially like when she wears blue, black, or grey ones.

What Guys Said 6

• It's important that we have physical chemistry, which means I do have to find her attractive, but sometimes that comes AFTER we get to know each other.

She just has to be attractive to ME, not necessarily what the media calls attractive. She definitely doesn't have to be thin. I like a girl that takes care of herself, and I'm currently dating someone who is fat (her words, not mine) and honestly has the healthiest lifestyle out of everyone I know. She feels good and likes herself, and that's what's important to me.

• yes, looks are a make or break factor for me. I'm not asking for a supermodel though. the minimum for me is someone that is healthy looking. someone that looks generally fit and healthy will do. I don't mind if she's fat as long as she isn't obese. being extremely fat indicates that you do not have control over yourself and take no care in your own health and that says a lot to me.

as long as she meets the minimum standards, I will still like her based on other factors such as confidence and personality.

it's sort of like an entrance exam. getting through doesn't mean that you'll get a degree neither does the entrance exam contribute to your final score. you still have to take the other exams to find out your final result.

• Here's my list of purely physical standards.

- Showers at least 5x a week

- Brushes her teeth at least once a day

I think those are pretty reasonable. Outside of that, it's not really important what she looks like. However, my list of standards related to personality is quite a bit higher than that.

• That depends on what each guy likes...some go for stereotypes, some don't. If there's a particular guy you have in mind, try to figure out what he likes in girls.

I do like a sensual attitude :)

• well, jus like five finger are not the same same ways all guys are deifferent...each individual has his own way method and mode of fascination in the said matter... therefore having a general opinion about anything is wrong. as In my opinion little plumpness is important for the right type of figure as far as sex appeal goes for me...ask each guy his version may be different!

• Yes, it is important. It might not be the most important thing, but yes, it is important.

What Girls Said 3

• Appearance does matter to an extent.

It is very important to have some type of physical attraction to your partner.

Although it does matter, of course there are other things that also make a difference

such as aspects of your personality.

@ your update: Every one has a different type. You are not going to find a particular answer. Some men like slim girls other like full-figured women. Some like their girls pale others like them tan or dark.

• i think a girl has to present herself and try at least too look good a guy is not gonna want a girl who doesn't even try but I think the guy has to be attracted to that girl somehow even if she's pretty or not

• i think we all know that appearance matters. he has to be physically attracted to you.