What motivates a girl to wear makeup?

I like one of my coworkers. She is a bit younger than me. When she started working she wouldn't wear a lot of makeup. As we started interacting, I noticed that she started wearing more (lipstick, blush) and its noticeable because she never wore it before. Since we are at work, I assumed it was what she wore now. In the last few weeks I've stopped by on my days off to pick up some documents and I noticed in those times that she wasn't wearing any. So I wonder, girls sometimes are late and they carry makeup if they can't finish at home, but why does it seem she doesn't apply any when I'm not supposed to be there? I just think its funny that one day she is all dolled up and the next she isn't. Its very noticeable because those cheeks are like tomatoes and when I'm off, they aren't lol.

Yea, maybe I'm looking too much into it. Its just that it is noticeable, so I kinda look at her a lot because she looks cute and those particular days she seems to make eye contact and smile at me a lot. Even some other coworkers comment that "theres something different" because it is unusual. We tend to get into silly arguments and kinda ignore each other at times, so those days I don't really notice her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha. Like tomatoes.

Well, sometimes we do it for men, for women, or for ourselves. Obviously, there's a connection between you and makeup on this woman. Think about all of the ads we see. We're brought up to think makeup=pretty, sexy, feminine. Guys love women who look more feminine. Blush makes you look happier and healthier, it was made to look like the post-orgasm rush of blood that women get. The redder the lips, the heathier the woman(so science says). Longer eyelashes are associated with females too. All of these are little triggers in the male brain. It goes back to nature :)

I think she likes you, wants to impress you, or just get more attention from you.

The other alternative is that, some days, we just want to look pretty. Just because.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm more amped to wear some if I find a guy attractive. I want to show that I'm pretty naturally - but can be even more attractive dolled up ;P

That and I want to convey that I wear make up as an accesory - not a necessity so he doesn't get the idea that I'm dependent on make up and don't look good with it off or something.

And somedays it's just fun to wear. I'll wear it just because I have a little extra time in the morning and am feeling a tad more feminine.

• Sometimes it just makes her feel better about herself. The old phrase, "You feel good, when you look good." It could be that mixed with she wants to look good for you and it could simply be how she feels on that particular day. Some days I'll wear make up to work, others I simply won't care. Especially if you told her she looked good with it, that can motivate her to want to wear it more when she knows you're there. Like when someone compliments a shirt or something, it can give a person more confidence to want to wear it more often.

• I think make up is fun, it's like my face is my canvas.

• Every time I wear make up, I wear it to feel good about myself and look nice. Sometimes I wear make up to look good for my bf/fcrush too. There's a possibility she might be trying to look nice for you.

What Guys Said 1

• While women may or may not realize this, make up has been used for a very long time by women to appear as if the are sexually aroused. Blush on the cheeks, red lips, ect.