Do the clothes make the person?

When you see someone, do you judge them from what they wear?

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes

Most Helpful Girl

• People want to abide by the whole 'Don't judge a book by its cover' but no. EVERYONE judges upon what they see--getting to know the person comes later. Assumptions are made depending on the person's appearance. If a guy is wearing black skinny jeans with Toms and a band shirt, with straightened hair and bangs, I'm going to judge that guy based off of that. For all I know he may be the star quarterback of his school and have a million and one girls falling after him. No matter what, judgements will always be made depending on what the eye sees.

What Girls Said 12

• The way that they dress/their style does have an effect on how I think they are before getting to know them. But once I know them then that's pretty irrelevant.

• I make a first impression of that person based on how they look an what they wear, plus if we have a short conversation or something. My clothes match my personality IMO and I think that true for my closest friends too

• Depends what they are dressed like. For example if they look trampy every time you see or their clothes are torn and ripped up then maybe, but if its about name brand then no because you can still look fly in things you paid for that are not so much money. I would rock the hell out of a 2 dollar shirt with 20 dollar boots then wearing a 35 dollar shirt and 200 dollar uggs

• Yes. I gurantee if I see a bummy looking person. I assume they look like a hobo...they probably are a hobo...so, I avoid them...unless I get a random chance to talk with them.

• clothes can telll you about the person so on some level, yeah

• Sometimes only if they look like tramps :)

• Nope.

• In extreme cases, yup.

• no I judge based on what comes out of their mouth

• Sadly, what you go out in say┬┤s a lot about who you are as a person

• i don't think it makes the person but I can say that it definently shows what type of person they aer and it tells al little bit f the personality

• I don't judge people by what they wear, no. Clothes are a form of expression, but they don't determine who a person is.

What Guys Said 2

• you meet people by their looks, but you stay with them by their mind

• You know how people are always like "Don't judge a book by it's cover"? Well everyone has and will keep doing so. I mean you make friends by first approaching them, and you usually only approach people that seem normal to you.