Guys, why do you like one height over another?

such as a girl being tall or being short. I always thought that guys like tall girls because of the long legs. and that guys liked short girls because they're petite, easy to pick up, etc.

just curious because I'm tall. and my female friends always say that they wish they were tall. but I see so many guys on this site who like short girls. this question isn't about insecurity, "will guys ever like me?", blah blah blah. just curious what y'alls reasons for liking one height over another haha. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• The reason you are confused is because you are trying to tie logic into something where either logic does not apply, or the necessary premises exceed that which you are applying.

In other words, you won't reach a definitive conclusion.

To answer your question, I like any girl within reasonable range of my own height. If a girl is much too tall or too short, the relationship feels physically incompatible. I've seen taller girls that I would go for, so it's not a matter of a girl being shorter than me. Though, girls do prefer taller guys.

What Guys Said 6

• It really varies from guy to guy, but for me, I just like my girl shorter than I am. To look up at a girlfriend would feel emasculating and strange.

• I would date any height of female...average/medium is probably best...but my wife is 5'2" and one of my best gfs was 6'1"

• same reason as girls? preference? masculinity/femininity?

• yeah but what's your personal preference/reason?

• for me I prefer a girl to be shorter than me, because girls want their guy to be taller

• I like girls my height or shorter. It's really not that big a deal to me.

• Sometimes, if a girl has a nice lower body, being tall just means that there's more of a good thing. Short girls can have great legs, too - it's more about shape and thickness than length. It's just that if a girl has the shape and the thickness, she can have even more if she's taller without it looking too stocky. It gives you a little more room for curves.

As for short girls, I think standing next to a girl that is considerably shorter makes a lot of guys feel a little more masculine on some level.

• As long as they are my height and shorter I don't have a preference

What Girls Said 0