How to lose that muscle?

OK so I've recently noticed the disturbing fact that only my thighs and calves have grown larger over the past year and its making my lower area look extremely big. My friend says its muscle and that I can't get rid of it but is there any possibility to get rid of it?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are exercising at least 3 times a week, then every time before you exercise make sure you take about 15 minutes for just pure leg stretching. If you just immediately jump into hardcore exercising then you tend to build a lot of muscle instead of just losing fat. You could just stop exercising completely, but I would not advise that because the muscle would just become replaced with fat. As long as you do some stretching, then your muscles have some time to warm up and you will just keep the fat off without gaining extra muscle. Hope this helps :)

• Stretching keeps you from building muscle? Wtf? Do you have any sort of science to back this up even slightly or are you just spewing complete bullsh*t?

• I had the same problem about 2 years ago and asked my doctor what to do, and he explained this to me so I'm pretty sure a doctor is pretty reliable thank you.

What Guys Said 1

• It's not a bad thing. You are "filling out" and becoming a woman.

You're gonna draw more attention there, and it's definitely NOT negative.

What Girls Said 1

• Unfortunately no. The only way to get rid of muscle is to not workout those areas/build muscle. Enlarged muscles from working out go away on their own the more you don't work them out.