I think girls need makeup, agree or disagree?

Girls that like to dress up anyway, your face just looks wrong with out it.

I don't mean in an ugly way, it's kind of like if you wore an evening gown with sneakers. I think makeup is more of an accessory.

I think guys misunderstand makeup too. The girl usually does it more for themselves than anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• I put on makeup for myself, I don't care whether or not it influences a boy's impression of me. I am only a teenager but I dislike my skin/ It has a few blemishes and without makeup my skin tone is not generally even- either way I am really self concious. In my first few years of high school I didn't wear any makeup but I was self concious and I'd always try to cover any blemishes with my hands because I was ashamed. I didn't dislike who I was but I hated the way I looked and would get upset because no other girl I knew had a problem like that so it made me stick out all the more. Now I wear makeup, nothing much just some foundation and blusher and simple mascara because the foundation evens my skin tone, the blusher makes me look more natural and the mascara makes sure my eye lashes look normal so they are not covered in mascara. I don't think it's a lot to wear but I do wear it everyday because it looks so much better and gives me more confidence. Boys can say what they want about wanting a girl who doesn't wear makeup but I'd rather wear makeup and have more confidence in myself than not wear makeup and be shy and depressed about myself. Long rant over now ;)

What Guys Said 5

• For a performance,maybe, but not on a daily basis. They're young, we don't need to encourage them to look older or cooler. That will come soon enough.

• I don't think it's a need, rather a social thing.

• Make up is false advertising.

• Some do, some don't

• If they did it for themselves...they'd be gay!

What Girls Said 6

• yeah makeup makes you look more polished and glam. no makeup is OK if your dressed down...all the way down but any other time you should wear it.

guys don't know sh*t about makeup so they should just be silent on the subject and let the experts (us) talk lol

• I think it should be kept to a very minimal amount of makeup. On regular days I don't wear any makeup, but for occasions when I'm dressed up I'll throw on some mascara, blush and a nude lipgloss. All that foundation, concealer, bronzer, eyeshadow and heavy eye liner just makes girls look ridiculous! I don't even own any of those products. If I can wipe off half your face in my hand that's just disgusting and guys don't find that even mildly attractive. I know my boyfriend absolutely hates it when I wear makeup and I get more compliments from him that I look gorgeous when I've just gotten out of practice or woken up in the morning. Guys like natural beauty.

LOL as for the really nice dress and sneakers...I've done that before :D hahaha it was awesome!

• Agree...guys say they like the 'natural' look but the natural look is not exactly stripped to the bare minimum. A little foundation, eyeliner, and maybe some mascara is the 'natural' look--it's supposed to look almost natural, with a little bit of glam. Guys do NOT like complete natural. Unless the girl magically looks amazing with NO makeup on. But, seriously? How often does THAT happen? Not that we look ugly or anything but, as others have said, makeup enhances your best features.

• I don't wear a lot of makeup by any means, and certainly don't do it for boys, but I get an obviously different reaction on days I do versus days I don't. I get compliments from boys that I look pretty, even if they don't realize it's the makeup.

Guys can't help but find well done makeup attractive because it enhances attractive features, especially the eyes.

• Agree and disagree.I think some girls need it and some don't but that also depends where is she going.There are some girls who are lucky that they are blessed with good skin complexion.These girls don't need makeup unless if they are going somewhere special like party or dinner.

Unfortunately some girls tend to have obvious eye bags,scars and big pores and they can't help themselves.People can say be natural,be yourself and be confident but would you dare to out yourself in her shoes and face all the negative comments from the people around.Stop being judgmental.

Most women look different without makeup.I didn't say they look ugly without it but lets face the truth.Makeup were invented to enhance women beauty at the same time make them feel more confident and happy with themselves.

Yes I agree guys misunderstood women for some reasons.I wear makeup to satisfy myself.I like to look pretty and that doesn't mean I wanted to get their attention.Guys need to stop this assumption.

• Totally diasagree... beauty is only skin deep, you can't alter yourself for other people, personality last for a lifetime it changes as you grow, and meet new people. Not everything in life is so easy that you can cover it up with a bit of concealor, sometimes the best way to dela with it is to face it...

and if the guy you like doesn't like you for who you are with or without make up he is a dip sh*t. any ways why do girls have to cover up their flaws whilst guys can flaunt them?