Prenatal Vitamins for hair growth?

is there any side effects in using prenatal vitamins(when not pregnant) to help for hair growth?

has anyone tried this method?

Most Helpful Girl

• I originally started using prenatal vitamins for iron deficiency, but it wasn't bad enough for iron pills. But they're good for every woman, pregnant or not, it's a multivitamin... originally used to increase your vitamin intake during pregnancy. But there's no harm in taking them when not pregnant. My doctor suggested I start taking them when I was 14, and when I remember to take them regularly my hair grows faster, and nails grow thicker and faster as well.

What Guys Said 2

• This is relative to loss of head hair? My wife has thyroid problems and is losing haid hair...que sera...and least she has a full bush and was never so stupid that she got rid of her pubes permanently...(:

• Ultimately, the benefits of vitamins are negligible if you have a balanced diet.

What Girls Said 3

• They sell this vitamin at walmart called hair, skin, and nails. Basically it contains collegin and other things that help these things grow better. I have taken it and it works.

• I take prenatal vitamins and I have noticied that it works wonders for my nails especially and I am sure my hair benefits as well. The downsides are limited enough unless you take too much, I think it's not a bad idea.

• I've heard that prenatal vitamins is really work for natural hair regrowth. I used Reloxe for natural hair regrow and it worked for me.